oldies but goldies

hi all, guys & gals.

today i am posting a quite particular couple of props, actually, one is a mixed jet-prop.

they're both vintage '50s revell kits, and i love them as they were very suggestive for my playing while an early teen, also, a lot of the suggestion coming from the awesome box art, that inspired a sort of reverential feeling and felt like wrapped in a mystery and top secret shroud.

i had one bought regularily on-line and the second won on an e-bay bidding at a very fortunate low price.

in both cases i was inspired by my memories and and driven by alan bussie of oldmodelkits.com  who comforted me, when i opened the boxes again after several decades and they looked rather rough as compared to my memories, as he confirmed that they were top-state of the art when they were issued in the mid-late1950's.

so, both from revell, and both straight from the fifties o.o.b., alan was delighted with this modern builds of his beloved vintage kits.

-Lockheed P-2V7 Neptune: as alan says this is one of the first revell hi detail kits, a gem for the period, issued between 1955 and 1959 depending on sources. i did explore the mysteries of the antarctica with ths plane which participated in the "deep freeze operation" in prepatration for the international geophisical year 1957-58.

thanks to mark tutton of starfighterdecals for the remake of the damaged decal sheet: https://goo.gl/photos/GVw9gqPMHMBRFoJz5

-Martin PBM5 Mariner, a sub hunter/patrol/sar in the korean livery in this dusky athmosphere from the box art is the other presentalion for this topic: https://goo.gl/photos/RL63gz91nfgRm7E38

hope you all enjoy!

have a great modeling!

thanks for watching and best greetings to all. bobo.

Edited by Bobo1953
orthography correction