Need some guidance on my 1/100 Doyusha Boeing 767 project.  I want to convert it from a -200 to a -300. Where (in the fuselage) and how long would the hull extensions be in 1/100 scale?

Thanks a bunch... pictures and or drawings if you got them please.

Tracy

Tracy,

As per the picture below (just read the title in reverse and go from the bottom to top) except the sections added are 33.5mm for the rear plug and 30.6mm for the forward one.

length  X 144 / 100

767conversion.jpg

Edited by Trojan Thunder
  • 6 months later...

American Airlines livery....NICE choice :thumbsup:! I have always loved the natural metal AA schemes. Those and these MD-80's by US Air:

n802us_us_air_md80.jpg

One of these builds I will need to try a natural metal scheme.

Good luck with the build and please post pictures.

Regards,

Don

I'm gonna have to get back to you on that one. I'm gonna come up with some mixes and make some swatches. I'll go out and do a pre-flight instead of letting my First Officer do it so I can see how close I get.

My guess is to start with a Gloss White base with various amounts of Silver added in each mix. The color is actually a tad Pearlescent or Candied. But you have to be really close to see it.

Tracy

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2017 at 11:51 PM, Vidar_710 said:

I'm gonna have to get back to you on that one. I'm gonna come up with some mixes and make some swatches. I'll go out and do a pre-flight instead of letting my First Officer do it so I can see how close I get.

My guess is to start with a Gloss White base with various amounts of Silver added in each mix. The color is actually a tad Pearlescent or Candied. But you have to be really close to see it.

Tracy

Hi Tracy,

Probably a day late and a dollar (or ten) short, but what about adding the silver (and maybe a bit of white) to clear coats and layer that up until you get the effect you want.  Or reverse it: a silver base and add white to clear for the overcoats, like the "candy" coats on cars.  Or go look at nail polishes - can't imagine there isn't a pearlescent white nail polish that would fill the bill.  Look forward to seeing your result, whichever way you go.

Cheers,

Tom