My next entry here will be this F-104G Starfighter. I´m planning to do it in a lizzard-camoflage.

IMG_6661_zpsphybfml7.jpg

As you can see, a helping hand sent me the decals of a Hasegawa Starfighter...

Some first moves I did while I was sick at home... Would have loved to do more, but during monday evening and tuesday I was completely wasted...

IMG_6667_zps5i71fwwa.jpg

The model itself is quite sparse on details, but will surely do.

HAJO

One picture I found on photobucket (sorry, no idea who owns the copyright...) shows this bird which I will use to model my Starfighter after:

f104b4.jpg

I already found two BL-755 bombs like shown here on twin racks (I will only use singles). My question is: What kind of thing is hanging on the center-line pylon? Is that a fuel tank?

HAJO

...or a travel pod!? Hmm...but in 1/72 you can easily scratch build the twin carrier. Come on! Otherwise you will finish too soon! We do not like that...hehe...and for sure your wife also! (uhh...badjoketime).

When buiding that late Zipper, do not forget the EL-70 ECm system that you can clearly see on the pic. The Luftwaffe installed that system on thier nuclear role starfighters. 

here you have a napalm bomb in the center line, on the G and later models the center line was not wet. baggage pod were made from same canister as used by napalm but I think it a nonsense to hang 4 live bombs and a baggage pod at the same time!

I won´t doing a twin-carrier since I only have two bombs... See:

IMG_6671_zps6yold5mb.jpg

So that´s a Napalm-bomb in the middle of the lower sprue? Any idea what exact type, so I can google for pictures?

This is the current progress:

IMG_6669_zpsmrkuoimx.jpg

I missed to attach the part behind the cockpit and therefor thought I´d had to add some details... Next time I´ll look into the instructions again.

IMG_6670_zpsz6yyc7mb.jpg

The kit itself is ok, but the Revell-model does have more details on the surface.

@TobiK: The ECM-system are these two small cones, right?

HAJO

Bomb dispensers were used for training, like in Deci in Sardegna. But that shape is a bit different. And so I agree with Paolo and also say that it looks like a firebomb. The bombs on the twin carrier look like live weapons and so it is for sure not realistic to have a bomb dispenser with training bombs inside AND live bombs at the same time on the same aircraft.

You say you have not enough "mud moving balls"? why not making asymetrical load out? You can hang the Matra 25 ED or the LAU 51 rocket pod under the other pylon...

No, asymmetrical is not what I want on this rocket!

But it looks like I have to search for something else to hang on the centerline, since that thing that came with the kit does look like the practice dispenser pod. (And that´s what I was referring to with my post from 916. I never doubted your guys knowledge concerning the Starfighter-picture on the "green" Starfighter.)

HAJO

I found a couple of Napalm-tanks from an Academy A-37-kit. I´ll use one of these...

Anyone having some pictures of Napalm-canisters in german Luftwaffe use?

HAJO

The video was great! I watched it on friday (@ work ;) ) and found it very useful and entertaining.

May I introduce you to Georg?

IMG_6672_zpsl1xrvelp.jpg

He will fly the rocket!

HAJO

Hello Georg! 

What happended to you? Looks so foot lose? (lost feet)

And your gloves are gone, too? Did you write a "Verlustmeldung" (report for lost equipment) already?

I think you go flying with gloves on usually...

Well, the GLOVES ARE OFF! ;)

No, it´s one of my habits to usually not paint the hands of my figures. You can´t see them later on, as you will see on the following pictures.

Good thing of a household full of girls (wife, daughter #1 age 7 and daughter #2 age 2) is that a lof of useful things are lying around everywhere... In this case, a small rubber band that helped to hold the canopy down.

IMG_6673_zpsdv4xnaxb.jpg

You also see my two BL755-bombs.

Ready for painting!

IMG_6674_zpsozdhu7et.jpg

And the first color is on, a lightened-up version of Revell 65.

HAJO

Done!

IMG_6681_zps3uresxmv.jpg

IMG_6682_zpslklj3i6c.jpg

IMG_6683_zpsbaxcgzzb.jpg

IMG_6685_zpsbgat7pje.jpg

IMG_6686_zps7dqcb6pk.jpg

IMG_6687_zpsigbayhfi.jpg

"Georg" at his work place:

IMG_6688_zpsh2qbzsih.jpg

Common german joke (I can´t translate it, anyone else can??) about the interservice rivalry, especially between Air Force and Army:

A Luftwaffe-pilot got asked: "Was haben Sie gegen das Heer?" - His reply: "Napalm!!"

IMG_6690_zpst1fb087g.jpg

HAJO

13 hours ago, Hajo L. said:

Common german joke (I can´t translate it, anyone else can??) about the interservice rivalry, especially between Air Force and Army:

A Luftwaffe-pilot got asked: "Was haben Sie gegen das Heer?" - His reply: "Napalm!!"

"Do you have anything agaisnt the Army?"

"Yes, Napalm"