3 hours ago, Berkut said:

I never understood exactly how/why it works, but after logging in, the price i see is 62.4USD;

https://modelsua.com/Lockheed-C-5-Galaxy-military-strategic-airlifter-1-144-Roden-330.html

Looking good! I have no idea but it's $76.8 plus $23.5 shipping at checkout on my monitor. Full price is $118 after logging out.

Kursada thanks for the pics.  In that scale those panel lines look absolutely "Matchbox".. are they really that deep and wide or is it just the pcs....

And Pminer. it's not just this forum, every thread I've found on the net has been highly critical of Roden's price point.

17 hours ago, habu2 said:

Kursada thanks for the pics.  In that scale those panel lines look absolutely "Matchbox".. are they really that deep and wide or is it just the pcs....

And Pminer. it's not just this forum, every thread I've found on the net has been highly critical of Roden's price point.

Yes!! If Roden is smart...they'll listen and adjust. If they do...I'll buy....several! But the Apocalypse couldn't make me buy as it is now. Again....$40 - $60 is the MAX this thing is worth. And personally?...closer to $40 is more like it.
And you're correct...The panel lines are way too deep and wide. I thought the same thing....

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:07 PM, KursadA said:

The panel lines are very similar to their C-141, I personally think they are not overdone and would look good under a coat of paint. 

Yeah....I tend to agree. Good modeling....

6 hours ago, panzercreations said:

noticed on scalemates that Roden plans on doing the C-5M next 

Well....lets hope things are different!! Great product...just not worth the price. I live near Dobbins. C-5M's rock! Beautiful with almost no noise.

• 1 month later...

Panzercreations  great work on your Galaxy  build :thumbsup:!

I just ordered Roden's C-141 today for a pretty darn cheap price and I am really exited for it to arrive (been on a 1/144 airliner kick lately and it kind of fits in). The C-5 was on my list of "to get" when it was announced, I saw the initial price, shook my head, and have played the "wait and see" game since. It's still too high for me to personally  justify buying. Roden had a golden opportunity to cash in on some serious sales had they kept the Galaxy to a realistic 1/144 price. Oh well, such is life. Its not like I don't have other kits to build... and more affordable ones to buy.

Regards,

Don

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 12:21 AM, Don said:

Panzercreations  great work on your Galaxy  build :thumbsup:!

I just ordered Roden's C-141 today for a pretty darn cheap price and I am really exited for it to arrive (been on a 1/144 airliner kick lately and it kind of fits in). The C-5 was on my list of "to get" when it was announced, I saw the initial price, shook my head, and have played the "wait and see" game since. It's still too high for me to personally  justify buying. Roden had a golden opportunity to cash in on some serious sales had they kept the Galaxy to a realistic 1/144 price. Oh well, such is life. Its not like I don't have other kits to build... and more affordable ones to buy.

Regards,

Don

hey Don, I know what ya mean.. after working on this one, along side the C-141 ...I also decided to start the C-17 ,plus I have a C-130 to go with these as well. just got the C-5 all primed and ready for paint.. not sure what they were thinkin when they priced this one... the Revell C-17, even though its a little shorter, around 7" shorter, has a full interior ...$37 vs $165 (MSRP)  I just don't get it...even if R&D was on the higher side it wouldn't have made that much of a hike, unless they had to pay some triple secret agent for secretly getting measurements on some tiny part that's not in the kit ?