This is the first of 11 models for VFA-211. I have to get them done by mid June for their squadron space. I used the Trumpeter kit, which has it's issues, but still isn't all that bad. If I had more time, I would have grafted on the extra canopy that comes in the Kittyhawk Cougar kit, but this will have to do. 

6950353_orig.jpg

7932166_orig.jpg

7751414_orig.jpg

9460071_orig.jpg

11 hours ago, TankerTweaker said:

Is it just me, or do the main gear wheels just look too small? Nice build.

Don't know about the Trumpeter kit, but the Monogram F9F main wheels always looked too small to me.  More so the tire than the wheel itself; I replaced all of mine with 1/72 F-105 main wheels (from Monogram kits...)

22 hours ago, Joe Hegedus said:

Don't know about the Trumpeter kit, but the Monogram F9F main wheels always looked too small to me.  More so the tire than the wheel itself; I replaced all of mine with 1/72 F-105 main wheels (from Monogram kits...)

Ooh, that's an interesting fix. I've always thought the mains looked too small as well. I'll have to remember that little trick if I build another one. I compared the KH F9F-8 wheels with both the Monogram and Trumpeter mains, and the KH wheels are decidedly bigger. My problem is that I've seen the Monogram wheels for so many years, it's almost like my brain says those are correct and the KH wheels are too big. It's like the front wheel on the Monogram A-4. It's undersized, but because I've built so many though the years, all the other kits' front wheels look too big. 

• 2 weeks later...