AH-1W Rotor Hub Well Color?

I'm building the 1/35 Academy AH-1W NTS.  They call for the rotor hub well to be zinc chromate.  I can't seem to find any photos from a high enough angle to see if this is accurate.  I'm a little worried it's not, as they also call for the intakes to be zinc chromate.  Does anyone have any photos of this area or could help me with what color it is supposed to be?  Thanks in advance!

Edited by ESzczesniak

Thanks, but I'm looking for the color around the rotor mast.  The area seen in this picture of a Zulu cobra...

AH-1Z_mainRotor.jpg

I'm suspecting it's a dark gray/black like on the Zulu, but wanted to see if anyone could verify the Whiskey's were indeed the same. 

Here's a shot of the AH-1W assembly line at Bell and you can clearly see a mix of yellow and green chromate.  In fact the foreground aircraft has yellow chromate on the inside of the lower engine cowling and green chromate on the upper engine cowling.  HTH.  Photo from the Wayne Mutza collection.

Ray

No automatic alt text available.

Sorry, just realized you were only concerned with the area around the mast.  I would suspect it started out zinc crhomate on the Whiskeys.  No matter what color it is, it will look dark and in shadow once the mast and transmission are in place.

Ray

Thank you guys!  That's a cool pic of the Bell assembly line!

25 minutes ago, usmcski6502 said:

Ray's correct.  On the Z and Y, it's black (or at least appears so) due to the large swashplate on the upgrade H-1s.  On the W, it's still zinc chromate.

Glad I asked and didn't assume they were the same!

My dad gave me a picture taken at the Bell plant in a similar setting however the time was oh, 1983ish? and the Snakes in the Pit were brand new ECAS being built. He and his guys would go up there from Hood and pick them up still smelling like fresh scales...

Edited by Whiskey