Does anyone have experience using the acrylic powder that nail salons use on nails?  From the videos I've watched it seems easy to use.  Just not sure how hot it cures and how it would react to the plastic.  

• 3 weeks later...

I have used an acrylic nail powder and liquid that came from a beauty supply successfully to fill holes and currently I am filling the pax windows on the Revell C-54 instead of using the styrene windows provided.  Follow the process presented in the Budzik video - it works well.  My opinion is that the acrylic powder for nails and the dental powder used in the video are essentially the same thing - I've had both and they smell and react the same.  A couple things to know if your doing clear windows - use a backing that is non-stick and very smooth - I use the backing pealed off double sided carpet tape.  If you use just the masking tape as in the video the inside surface will replicate the roughness of the masking tape and effect the clearness of the window unless you polish it.  You will have to experiment with your mixing ratio.  Work fast - it hardens fast ( I don't do more than 2 windows at a time) but let it cure before you sand and polish because it remains "soft" for 8-10 hours or so.  Sand to rough shape and finish by polishing with very fine sandpaper or a jewelers compound on a motor tool at the slowest speed you can.  PM if you wish more info

You can also use what is known as the Nealon brush technique. Put a drop of liquid on the area followed by the powder (use a small brush for both). Then just keep alternating the liquid and powder. Heat should not be a problem.

Bob