1/48 UH-1M FAS (El Salvador Air Force)

32 minutes ago, rotorwash said:

Good luck.  I think it might have been easier to start with a blank block of styrene than that kit, but I admire your efforts!

Ray

Lol!  Man , no kits left on boxes I have to do something until KH Huey is out! 

By the way Ray, did the National Guard ever use this short body hueys?ill like to make it as a medevac also.. 

Charlie,

If you are building it as a UH-1C, the National Guard did fly them, mostly after they were upgraded to UH-1Ms with the T53L13 engine.  If you are building it as a B then you could do an early medevac.  However the UH-1C never flew as a medevac and the Guard never flew the UH-1B as a medevac to my knowledge, only the regular Army.  The kit is a mix of UH-1B and UH-1C parts.  The tail and sync elevators are the narrow chord UH-1B type while the 540 main rotor and roof mounted pitot is from a UH-1C/M.  The 540 rotor is totally different from the UH-1B though so it's not possible to build either one accurately from the box parts.  I say just have fun with it and do whatever you like.

Ray

29 minutes ago, rotorwash said:

Charlie,

If you are building it as a UH-1C, the National Guard did fly them, mostly after they were upgraded to UH-1Ms with the T53L13 engine.  If you are building it as a B then you could do an early medevac.  However the UH-1C never flew as a medevac and the Guard never flew the UH-1B as a medevac to my knowledge, only the regular Army.  The kit is a mix of UH-1B and UH-1C parts.  The tail and sync elevators are the narrow chord UH-1B type while the 540 main rotor and roof mounted pitot is from a UH-1C/M.  The 540 rotor is totally different from the UH-1B though so it's not possible to build either one accurately from the box parts.  I say just have fun with it and do whatever you like.

Ray

Roger that.  Thanks 

9 minutes ago, rotorwash said:

You are trying very hard to tame this dog, Charlie.  Your scratch work looks great!

Ray

It is the worst nightmare! 

Ray why this blades are so wide? Did they actually exist?

16 minutes ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

It is the worst nightmare! 

Ray why this blades are so wide? Did they actually exist?

Yes, Charlie, the UH-1C used the 540 main rotor blade.  It had a 27 inch chord compared to the 21 inch chord of the UH-1B/D/H.

Ray

7 minutes ago, rotorwash said:

Yes, Charlie, the UH-1C used the 540 main rotor blade.  It had a 27 inch chord compared to the 21 inch chord of the UH-1B/D/H.

Ray

So, it is a go for the kit? Don't even know what I will do with it.. who use it what colors etc.. 

Wow, this is one horrible kit, but you are making magic with it, keep that great work buddy!

The door plexis are great, so as the rotor. 

Are you building a nam era charlie model or a late mike model?

Rod.

47 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

Wow, this is one horrible kit, but you are making magic with it, keep that great work buddy!

The door plexis are great, so as the rotor. 

Are you building a nam era charlie model or a late mike model?

Rod.

Thanks brother ,, Yes I havent see a so nightmare model ever.. To Be honest amigo I don't know the difference between them Charlie/mike  please advice with pictures! I was browsing and saw a Spain Army one  :) since I have fas roundels I wish to make it FAS but don't feel to make A toilet bowl ... FAS always have them with Toilet bowls? 

• CharlieUH-1H changed the title to 1/48 UH-1M FAS (El Salvador Air Force)