de-yellowing products for old decals?

hi everybody.

i have recently dusted off some of my late twenties' builds. they're not bad, i guess, but as by then i didn't use -nor i believe there were such products in my country (italy)- clear finishes, the decals, big and small, have become heavly yellowish, and the film supposed to  be transparent, is a yellow-brownish plate around stencils etc.

with the industry always in search of new products for modelers, i wonder if someone could come out with something more realistic than the airy-fairy story of sun exposition :evil-laughter::thatfunny: for decal sheets and /or some specific product for in-place decals in general...

thanks for reading and, in case, giving an answer.

best greetings, bobo.

I know this, that taking a decal sheet, putting it in a clear plastic bag, and taping it to a window exposing it to sunlight WILL take the yellow away. I have used the technique many times. I don't know what you can use if anything for applied decals.

hi prowler.

i am sorry to contradict your position, but my experience with the sun exposition of yellowed decals is a total failure. and i live in sunny italy...;-)

it may be due to the fact that i have double-pane windows...

neverthelss, we tried to replicate the phisical conditins of sun exposure in a lab controlled environment and it was just the same.

i have also heard that even if and when yellowing vanishes, it will come back in a short time.

this is why i  am looking for the industry to produce a something that would surely and definitively take away the yellow tint.

such a product, if effective, could work also on applied decals...

i believe that we should insist asking industry a solution (litterally...:-) )

best cheers. bobo.