1/35 U.S. Army UH-60A Blackhawk Dustoff (Iraq, 2008). (FINISHED 12AUG17)

11 hours ago, salvador001 said:

Another update. Been scratchbuilding some parts.

Almost done before the painting begins.

Hope u like it.

Rod.

20170515_191803_zpsqe1q49z6.jpg

20170515_191946_zpse3p0zzfe.jpg

20170515_192245_zpscigtfxlf.jpg

Nice one dude!  You are catching a lot of the right details usually missed!  It may be too late to change it, but for the sake of trivia the toilet bowl mount for the ALQ-144 is hollow aside from the four mounting bolt studs inside.  I noticed that a lot of units started flying without the ALQ-144s in recent years, so maybe there is a cover for the hole now.  Either way your model is really good and accurate.  Keep up the great work, you are on to a winner!

-Ramon

Thank you guys for your encouragement.

I am in a little dilemma, that if i install the ALQ-144 or not. Ive seen that when the CMWS were installed, some birds removed the jammer, but some were kept, leaving the jammer would look more spot on.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001
15 hours ago, salvador001 said:

20170515_191946_zpse3p0zzfe.jpg

Why did you cut a notch out of the fuselage where the rotor shaft goes through it, above?  I have never seen any UH-60L this way.  All the ones I have seen have a complete circle there.

UH-60A_ARNY_10April2008_KenMiddleton_DSC

I believe the notch is only on the latest UH-60Ms with UES.

AIR_UH-60M_and_M119A2_Ft_Bragg_lg.jpg

On 5/16/2017 at 0:19 PM, HeavyArty said:

Why did you cut a notch out of the fuselage where the rotor shaft goes through it, above?  I have never seen any UH-60L this way.  All the ones I have seen have a complete circle there.

The MH-60L has the notch.  Here is Razor's Edge that I photographed at Ft. Rucker.

Ray

DSC_3738_zpsfboabhqa.jpg

On 5/16/2017 at 10:19 AM, HeavyArty said:

It's a standard cut out on all aircraft. Alphas have it too. It's rounded off so it's hard to see, but scroll down on the ARC forum link below (Building a Modern 'Pave Hawk') a bit and you have a good picture of it.

Cheers!

-Ramon

Edited by anvil6
clarification on example link
1 hour ago, anvil6 said:

It's a standard cut out on all aircraft. Alphas have it too. It's rounded off so it's hard to see, but scroll down this link a bit and you have a good picture of it.

Cheers!

-Ramon

Roger that, Ramon.  Here is a very early Alpha, heck it might even be a YUH-60, from the USAAM archives and you can clearly see the cutout here.

Ray

UH-600009%202_zpsfbezpqkl.jpg

14 minutes ago, rotorwash said:

Roger that, Ramon.  Here is a very early Alpha, heck it might even be a YUH-60, from the USAAM archives and you can clearly see the cutout here.

Ray

UH-600009%202_zpsfbezpqkl.jpg

Ray,

That's a cool pic of an ooooooooooold airplane!  I think you are right about it being the YUH-60 - the pilot step fairings are like they were on the prototype and the aft end of the dog house fairing is not faired into the tailcone drive shaft covers.  Also, the emergency window release handle for the cabin door is on the outside.  Dude, you have all the cool pics!

Cheers!

-Ramon

4 minutes ago, anvil6 said:

Ray,

That's a cool pic of an ooooooooooold airplane!  I think you are right about it being the YUH-60 - the pilot step fairings are like they were on the prototype and the aft end of the dog house fairing is not faired into the tailcone drive shaft covers.  Also, the emergency window release handle for the cabin door is on the outside.  Dude, you have all the cool pics!

Cheers!

-Ramon

Ramon,

Glad you liked it.  I freely admit my knowledge of Blackhawks is severely lacking.  Here are some more just for you, buddy.  YUH-60 from April 5, 1976.  Please forgive me, Rod, for hijacking your thread.  I promise to let you get back to your regularly scheduled build now!

Ray

UH-60%20Static%20AC%20650%20April%205%20

Great pics guys! 

Ill fix it today, i see its not straght, but rounded.

Heres the HIRSS supports i made from scratch. Damn, the whole HIRSS is just wrong in the kit but im not going to rebuild it, thats just a pain in the....

Rod.

20170522_005920_zpsaduammio.jpg

20170522_005945_zpsephyumfq.jpg

30 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

Great pics guys! 

Heres the HIRSS supports i made from scratch. Damn, the whole HIRSS is just wrong in the kit but im not going to rebuild it, thats just a pain in the....

Rod.

Nice catch dude!  Way to...

(•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐■-■ / (⌐■_■)

strut your stuff!

-Ramon

1 hour ago, salvador001 said:

Great pics guys! 

Rod.

100% neat!

1 hour ago, HeavyArty said:

I guess the "cut-out" on the back side of the rotor opening is more of a scoop, which makes it hard to see in pics.  The support for the HIRSS looks good.  Nice job so far.

its not a scoop.  if anything, its more of a deflector or flow improver so excess air does not get trapped inside the oil cooler access panels.  Or at least thats my theory.

-Ramon

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, salvador001 said:

Working on the carousel litter system. Still more work to be done, but its almost finished.

Hope you like it.

Rod.

20170604_221430_zps3v9tqa18.jpg

20170604_221424_zpsiwnflkzn.jpg

Looks good dude!  Don't be afraid to scuff the paint, those things get a lot of wear and tear.  Still looks awesome as it is though!

-Ramon