CD48124 - 1/48 F-7M "Next Gen Fishbeds"

CD48124 will be a limited-run sheet dedicated to the latest version of Chengdu J-7/F-7M (single-piece windshield, double delta wing); intended for the Trumpeter J-7G kit. It will have markings for Pakistan, Namibia, Tanzania and Bangladesh.

Edited by KursadA
13 minutes ago, thorve said:

Good news - southern Africa Air Forces always appeal to me esp. Namibian ones :-)

What's your schedule on this one - June / July?

These will probably be part of the July line-up. 

Very, very interesting!

But Trumpeter F-7G doesn’t suitable out of box for Namibia, Pakistan and some Bangladesh.

Trumpeter F-7G has one gun. Namibia, Pakistan and Bangladesh planes have two guns. So kit requires some serious modifications.

3 hours ago, sda1976 said:

[...] Namibia, Pakistan and Bangladesh planes have two guns. So kit requires some serious modifications.

You would need to rob that second gun port part (the -7G only comes w/ a blanking plate) from a J-7B kit (or resin-copy that part). Also rework (thicken) the lateral fin as this contains a flare dispenser.

Edited by thorve
clarification

Thanks Kursad. 

Have had a good look at the sprues and instructions for the J-7G over at 1999.co.jp today and see that it wouldn't take much to fix the second gun, so this is definately growing on me :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

I need a couple more weekends to wrap this up  - some options turned out to be more complicated than I thought, and I need to finish the higher priority Galaxy sheets first. Some patience please, and I will do my best to release it soon.

Edited by KursadA
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, signals said:

Any chance you could share some of the other schemes included?

I am still working on the other schemes and will post profiles as soon as I am done. I am literally swamped with orders right now, so it may be a week or two before I can post anything.. But the design work is progressing nicely and I can certainly say that the primary operators of the type will be very well covered.

• 6 months later...

Here is what this sheet will look like when it is released next month. I had to ditch the Namibian and Tanzanian options due to cost considerations - sorry. You will get markings for Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan and Nigerian aircraft; with enough markings to do all of them if you really, really like F-7's. A limited release of only 250 sheets coming in the next batch.

cd48124.jpg

On 10/9/2017 at 1:04 PM, farmerboy said:

Now if only someone would release a F/J-7 in 1/72, Ugh

Just wondering how hard would it be to modify the 1/72 Revell Mig-21F-13 to a F-7M/G/whatever ?

Apart from the cranked wing tips, parabrake housing below the rudder, extra gun? 

I might be able to use a Mig-29 windshield too. But that bulged main canopy, though....

• 5 weeks later...
15 hours ago, stevehnz said:

If someone will do one of these in 1/72 will you shrink that sheet down for it? Please. 🙏 🙂

Steve.

I wonder if Trumpeter will ever shrink their 1/48 kits to 1/72?  There doesn't seem to be any announcement from them about it.