1/32 Tamiya announcement ?

4 hours ago, Cajun21 said:

I would be in for a Hurricane MK I, w/ Pete Brothers markings, or a new tool P-51 B/C would be nice in John England's markings "u've had it".

:cheers:

Itch 

A P 51 B/C Model would be nice. I would bet it will be a KI 61 "Tony" as this was their last 1/48 scale release.

HK has stated they are working on a P51b, and if it's close to their DO335, then I'm all over it!  The Hurricanes are needed. Like to say the P47d razor back would be the ticket, but who knows. Yet if the did a "Pete", I'd have to have two kits. Three years ago, I'd have said more Zero's! Now Hasegawa seems to be on the band wagon with some very nice kits. What do you all think about Tamiya doing a P38? Or maybe a couple P40's.

gary

19 hours ago, murad said:

how nice and huge would that be :)

It would be glorious!  And for once, it wouldn't be something that no one has ever done before (in injection molding).  It wouldn't be a rehash of the same tired old Mustang or Nazi plane or Spitfire.

C'mon, Tamiya (or any other company)!  Think outside the box!

Eric

I would even be happy if they came up with the last missing Corsair version...F4U-1D :-)

Other then that...te next Tomcat version in 1/48 please...

cheers

Uwe

Edited by anj4de

I just read through a Facebook post, I hope it's right, I'd be ok with this and hopefully something new next year

Hi all,
The Shizuoka Hobby Show opens tomorrow in Japan and naturally, Tamiya have some new kits to unveil. The top of the pile is something that we have wanted for years, a 1:16 RC M1A2 Abrams 'Full Option'. About time! This kit will have fully functional suspension and all the cool features we know and love about this series.
In 1:35 we have a new-tool Sturmpanzer IV Brummbär 'late production' and for fans of model aviation, the third version of Tamiya's 1:32 Chance-Vought Corsair, the F4U-1D, is on the way.
The 1:16 RC Jagdpanther will now be available as a static display model and as we posted earlier this week, the 1:10 RC, 

2 minutes ago, Stinger16 said:

I just read through a Facebook post, I hope it's right, I'd be ok with this and hopefully something new next year

Hi all,
The Shizuoka Hobby Show opens tomorrow in Japan and naturally, Tamiya have some new kits to unveil. The top of the pile is something that we have wanted for years, a 1:16 RC M1A2 Abrams 'Full Option'. About time! This kit will have fully functional suspension and all the cool features we know and love about this series.
In 1:35 we have a new-tool Sturmpanzer IV Brummbär 'late production' and for fans of model aviation, the third version of Tamiya's 1:32 Chance-Vought Corsair, the F4U-1D, is on the way.
The 1:16 RC Jagdpanther will now be available as a static display model and as we posted earlier this week, the 1:10 RC, 

only thing I've heard for sure is a new Jagedpanther in 1/16th scale. With Hobby Boss reissuing the Tristar Brumbar both early & late; I'd say Tamiya is wasting plastic. Now if they did a Sherman Calliope; everybody would be all over it. Have exactly zero interest in the Corsair, but if I did the F4u1d would be the one.

gary

I'm cool with the F4U-1D.  Out of all the variants, it's probably my favorite and I've been telling myself I need to treat myself to one of these recent large scale Tamiya kits.   

Still hoping they'll do a Saber at some point but the Corsair will suffice. 

2 hours ago, Scooby said:

No secret that was coming! But finally!

Scooby,

whats next on the horizon from Tamiya in 1/32. Seems like U have a good feel for this 

Edited by Stinger16