Hi guys

It's been a while since I last posted anything here, so time to change that. Its the new(ish) Kinetic 48th SU33. It's not a bad kit and has lots and lots of nice details on it. I had no fit issues as such - well, maybe with the canopy but throw away the instructions coz they're f*&$^ing useless.

Anyway, I had fun and I am pretty happy with the end result

IMG_4625_zpsokktfl6m.jpg

IMG_4622_zpsfoka4rgd.jpg

e58f68a4-83cf-4314-a71d-dc0c9960bf36_zps

IMG_4619_zpswguqvgdl.jpg

IMG_4614_zpsyi58qzje.jpg

IMG_4629_zpsf7fxyd7t.jpg

IMG_4618_zpsgurogckx.jpg

IMG_4611_zpswslslpap.jpg

IMG_4613_zpss4scbjir.jpg

I have edited the photos above but Photophucket is a little slow sometimes in catching up with itself and displaying the finished version.
thanks for stopping in and having a look
Regards
MH

thanks guys! Yeah, I like the colours too and think this fighter wears them well. It was a tough decision though choosing a scheme as I had a couple of cool ones to choose from

18 hours ago, Devo said:

Does the kit come with paint mask's for the camo or did you do it yourself?

I masked the camo myself :) Mind you, I had issues with the light blue Model Color paint lifting off at the mere sight of Tamiya tape. Really disappointed in the performance of that paint TBH but it still looks good

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:29 AM, The Madhatter said:

thanks guys! Yeah, I like the colours too and think this fighter wears them well. It was a tough decision though choosing a scheme as I had a couple of cool ones to choose from

I masked the camo myself :) Mind you, I had issues with the light blue Model Color paint lifting off at the mere sight of Tamiya tape. Really disappointed in the performance of that paint TBH but it still looks good

Very nice masking job, the scheme came out looking great.

You mentioned the display stand being from a Zvezda 777 kit. Can you show or explain how you attached it to your Su-33's belly? Is there a screw/nut or simply super glued it? I am looking to make a stand from acrylic rod but could use some ideas about how to place the kit on it in a clean simple way without making a big hole in the belly or use keyed bushings etc. 

On 23/05/2017 at 5:24 AM, Janissary said:

You mentioned the display stand being from a Zvezda 777 kit. Can you show or explain how you attached it to your Su-33's belly? Is there a screw/nut or simply super glued it? I am looking to make a stand from acrylic rod but could use some ideas about how to place the kit on it in a clean simple way without making a big hole in the belly or use keyed bushings etc. 

On this one, I cut the top of the stand off where it would slot into the 777 and replaced the stub with 2 pieces of brass rod which I secured into the holes in the top of the stand with CA

The 2 brass pieces holding it to the kit are only 1.5 mm in diameter which means small holes in the belly of the aircraft which the pins just slot into. I didn't take photos of that part because I didn't think anyone would care - obviously I was wrong :) I'll find some time this weekend and take some shots if you like

I have found that I didn't need to glue the stand to the aircraft which is great because if I need to transport it, I can just pull it off. The joys of making sure the stand sits in the middle

Thanks for the comments guys

MH

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2017 at 7:36 AM, The Madhatter said:

On this one, I cut the top of the stand off where it would slot into the 777 and replaced the stub with 2 pieces of brass rod which I secured into the holes in the top of the stand with CA

The 2 brass pieces holding it to the kit are only 1.5 mm in diameter which means small holes in the belly of the aircraft which the pins just slot into. I didn't take photos of that part because I didn't think anyone would care - obviously I was wrong :) I'll find some time this weekend and take some shots if you like

I have found that I didn't need to glue the stand to the aircraft which is great because if I need to transport it, I can just pull it off. The joys of making sure the stand sits in the middle

Thanks for the comments guys

MH

Thank you! Any pics of the attachment point/details you may be able to share would be fantastic. The two-pin slot sound interesting.