U.S. ARMY 1/48 MH-6J "Night Stalker" WIP (Somalia, 1993)

7 hours ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

Thanks my brother,

I saw a photo that just have three olive drab seat belt material attached to the troops mounts but I am not 100 sure..

I'd like to see that pic.   I've always been under the impression that they either hold on reeeeal tight or the use a harness and snap-link set up to keep attached.

Nice work btw!!

There were straps on the man-pods, but seldom felt the need to hang on.  We tied a sling rope safety line around or waist and snapped in to points attached to the fuselage.  The pilot gave us a 1 minute warning and we unsnapped.  After that it was weapons up, ready to fire.  This was a long time ago (late 80's with 1/75), but I doubt those aspects have changed much.

2 hours ago, 11bee said:

I'd like to see that pic.   I've always been under the impression that they either hold on reeeeal tight or the use a harness and snap-link set up to keep attached.

Nice work btw!!

I think what I saw is what Sarathi said my friend , thanks , I am just doing the best I can. I really enjoy this model. 

8 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

Que rapido armas los modelos, impresionante. Primero el UH y ya casi terminas este wow.

Amazing my friend, the weathering looks great.

Rod.

Gracias amigo, solo puedo dedicarle una horas en las noches por cuestión de trabajo y tambien mientras armó olvidó muchas situaciones que aveces nos invaden. 

I am enjoying this built a lot and now is official I don't have nothing else on box to built until KH bless us with the 1/ 48th Huey lol. 

50 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

Perfection. Nice work on the windshield, thats a PITA to install, well, it is in all 500 series models.

Rod.

I hear you my fiend believe me that windshield is a nightmare! I don't even know How I naild that lol thanks man

12 hours ago, salvador001 said:

Perfection. Nice work on the windshield, thats a PITA to install, well, it is in all 500 series models.

Rod.

Man! what color should I use to paint the green glasses on top of the pilot I know they are green but what green should I use?

25 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

Charlie,

As far as i know, modern AH/MH-6 Little Birds dont have green tinted glass, istead they are gray coloured. The perfect color to use is Tamiya smoke, applied with airbrush.

Rod.

ok thanks brother

4 hours ago, JesusNut said:

That looks awesome Charlie!  I would love to see a photo collection of a "walk-around" of this model.  You did fantastic work!

Thank you my friend

look on top of the helicopter forum topic list there are a bunch of photos!

take a look you will find some great stuff there!

31 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

Charlie,

As far as i know, modern AH/MH-6 Little Birds dont have green tinted glass, istead they are gray coloured. The perfect color to use is Tamiya smoke, applied with airbrush.

Rod.

my friend

I spotted this photo from a old post here I see it as a very dark green what do you think?

E0UCsxJ.png?1

I've circled the lanyards I was talking about in this image.  As you can see, they attach to the operator's belt on the front, and have a carabiner to snap into the aircraft.

Edited by Sarathi S.
24 minutes ago, Sarathi S. said:

E0UCsxJ.png?1

I've circled the lanyards I was talking about in this image.  As you can see, they attach to the operator's belt on the front, and have a carabiner to snap into the aircraft.

Thanks my friend! that really helps! so that means that on the mouths there should be some kind of Harness

They have way more purpose-built equipment than when I was in (a very good thing).  It looks like a belt that probably has an attachment point manufactured in.  It would allow you to attach a safety line.  We literally used a sling rope.  I was in 1st Ranger Battalion 86-87.  most of the time I was on a TF bird, it was a MH-60 or 47.  We also used a sling rope on those as they seldom had the sears in.  I got to ride the little birds maybe for 3-4 training missions (each mission consisted of multiple rehearsals).  Back then we weren't allowed to take pics of any of TF-160's AC.

13 minutes ago, TMReich said:

They have way more purpose-built equipment than when I was in (a very good thing).  It looks like a belt that probably has an attachment point manufactured in.  It would allow you to attach a safety line.  We literally used a sling rope.  I was in 1st Ranger Battalion 86-87.  most of the time I was on a TF bird, it was a MH-60 or 47.  We also used a sling rope on those as they seldom had the sears in.  I got to ride the little birds maybe for 3-4 training missions (each mission consisted of multiple rehearsals).  Back then we weren't allowed to take pics of any of TF-160's AC.

Thank you Sir. I saw a picture that have some kind of straps attached to the troops mounts but didn't save the picture now I cant find it

On 5/26/2017 at 11:45 AM, Sarathi S. said:

E0UCsxJ.png?1

Riggers belts with the integrated D-Ring. Beats a swiss seat all to hell

04b38f5bb2adf608e532841d496d54f1.jpg

• CharlieUH-1H changed the title to U.S. ARMY 1/48 MH-6J "Night Stalker" WIP (Somalia, 1993)