I'm doing a 1/48 F-100 C in Thunderbird markings. The C models had various sized stars in the stardust motif on the tail surfaces. Does anyone know where I can find insignia blue star decals in slightly different sizes?

You may have to cobble together the stars from a couple of different sets. A bit pricey, yes, but you have them. I'd try looking at the Warbird Decals sets for the F-84F and F-100D. You may be able to get what you need from just the F-84F set.

Genius Darren. I'll investigate that F-84 sheet. I've got CAM's and Warbird's sheets for the D and the sheet in the old Monogram kit and Trumpeter,all with the bigger star pattern.

Hi Bill,

I once started putting together the info for building a T-Birds C, but never actually got around to actually gluing plastic. I found that the medium-sized stars were about the same size as the ones used on the later Ds. The smaller stars would be about 2 mm across (for a 1/48 model) and the large ones would be about 3.5 mm across. Sorry I I was never able to obtain the exact measurements. I think Darren is right, that the F-84F sheet might provide what you're looking for. The F-105 only had 2 sizes of stars, so the Warbirds Thud sheet won't do you any good..

Ben