Trumpeter 1/48 MiG-23M Flogger-B + aftermarket

Here is my latest build, Trumpeter's 1/48 MiG-23M Flogger-B with Ciro Models resin intakes, parachute cone, rear fuselage, vacform canopy, Metallic Details resin nose, Eduard Brassin resin wheels and Master turned brass pitot. Paint is Akan laquers. Full description and more photos here: https://jonbryon.com/trumpeter-148-mikoyan-mig-23m-flogger-b/

Comments welcome

Jon

mig23m_008.jpg

mig23m_014.jpg

mig23m_020.jpg

mig23m_015.jpg

mig23m_035.jpg

mig23m_027.jpg

mig23m_025.jpg

mig23m_003.jpg

mig23m_018.jpg

mig23m_007.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

your model look stunning.  

but i don't know if it's a camera lenses thing, but on photo 2, 4, 6 it looks like the nose is  somewhat too much upward (not just the cone, but the whole resin portion)

6 hours ago, mingwin said:

your model look stunning.  

but i don't know if it's a camera lenses thing, but on photo 2, 4, 6 it looks like the nose is  somewhat too much upward (not just the cone, but the whole resin portion)

Thanks mingwin. I've no idea about the nose; I just installed it as indicated. If it's wrong, then it mean Metallic Details did not do a good job ;-)

Cheers

Jon

when the model is on "full side view" it is barely noticeable... (like on photo number 3)

and again, your model look stunning... and i plan to cover the very same subject than you with my Trumpeter MiG-23M...when i'll be there!

i appreciate that you haven't put (yet) any missiles, it let the viewer appreciate the lines of the jet...and all the care you've put it that model!:worship:

• 2 weeks later...

Well done!

Very neat looking model with subtle yet crisp panel lines and not too much weathering. I would have added more fluid streaks for the underside though but this is just me. Then again, if this is representing a fairly new airframe they wouldn't have accumulated so strongly yet. 

But yeah, I really like this model. One of my favourite types, so it's always great to see a well built model.

1 hour ago, skyhawk174 said:

Wow looks great and it even seems to have the right stance. Quite the list of aftermarket too. Not sure where to pick up the Ciro update sets though.

Thanks. I picked my Ciro sets up a few years ago from them direct via their website.

Jon

• 9 months later...