1/48 Zoukei Mura F-4C and F-4D

No it isn't. A touch of hyperbole? Perhaps.

Trolling for retorts would be saying anyone who buys the kit cares nothing for accuracy, or is wasting their money, or is an idiot, etc etc.

what I did was state my opinion that is shared by others. I was then told that maybe I'd be happier killing myself. 

1 hour ago, Rex said:

One small thing,,,,,,,disagreeing with a group of people about the quality of a kit is very much NOT being a Troll.

"Trolling" is a post that is made just to stir up a bunch of people on a message board to get them to react, and the Troller doesn't need to even agree with what he posts.

Geez, that word gets overused and in the wrong context so often these days. Instead of what it means,,,,,,it now can be used by every Acrylic paint user to call every Enamel paint user a "bad name."

Disagreeing "for real" though,,,,,,,,is not Trolling. Another guy in this thread that disagrees in one direction a year ago about a kit, and now points out his perception of that kit's errors in order to prop up the newer Phantom kit,,,,,,,,,,that sort of flip-flopping IS Trolling.

I think your ",,,,,,,"s are trolling. :D

lol, Fox,,,,,,,I use those because there is no "emphasis font" on these boards. Or sometimes,  I use them as "air quotes." (I thought : D showed up here as an emogie?)

the quotation marks and the long ellipses are leftovers from running a chatroom for so many years

I sort of agree that it was a bit hyperbolic, Gene. But it makes me think of how you and I and three others can disagree so much on one certain set of kits quality, and still remain friends, even with that difference of opinion (best 1/72 Skyhawk kit.) Of course, it could be because we all five agree on 997 other things.

9 hours ago, Incaroad said:

Jonathan, I agree with you on this kit being off...

Take a look here

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/message/1483831281

Cheers

Larry

Larry, that was a good (albeit lengthy) read. Until we see LIDAR scanning of the different variants, I would rather compare with photos that have been shown here & there.

10 hours ago, Incaroad said:

Jonathan, I agree with you on this kit being off...

Take a look here

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/message/1483831281

Cheers

Larry

Hello,

I also agree with you and Jonathan. And thanks for the comparison!

I like my stash of Hasegawa F-4's.....:whistle:

But I think it's just fine that everybody has its own priorities in regards to a model kit - shape, surface-detailing, ease of build, details, price, manufacturer......

There is no reason for a hassle and offences :kissing2:!

Best regards, Jens

Maybe it is too expensive in 1/48,,,,,,,,,but, a 1/72 modeler would cut sections off of a "good" Phantom model and replace that area on the model that is better in all other aspects. (Old tool Hasegawa Phantoms look great with salvaged Revell nose radomes replacing that long pointed thing that Hasegawa sold us)

Or at least make his own pair of parts for that area, and mold his own correction set.

Been away for the week to attend the installation of new US Navy Ensigns at US Navy Base,  Newport, RI.   My middle daughter was among them.

While I appreciate the passion, this discussion is getting to intense for a hobby that is to release the stress of life, not add to it.   Can we all agree to disagree without someone having to have the last word?  Love you all!

Edited by ghatherly

Question for Rex & others,

Does any aftermarket manufacturer make a correction Radom / nose for the Hasegawa 1/72 F-4J/S❓

Inquiring modeler' s liked to know👀 

'Has anyone noticed that the Academy 1/72 Radom/nose looks a tad to long as well?'

Cheers,

Mr.Happy (In name only😒🙄)

Mr Happy, I don't know of one, sorry.

For my own models, I just steal noses from other Phantom kits in the stash, about half of them were purchased for only a few parts in those boxes, anyway.

For the F-4B,J,N,S etc set,,,,,,,,,I pulled a mold from a nose radome that I had massaged into my idea of "perfect" shape years and years ago. If I open a kit and it doesn't seem to have that shape to the nose,,,,,,I just superglue one of mine on that model. I made copies of one of each of the undernose fairings, after massaging those as well, and glue my own on those versions.

8 hours ago, Mr.Happy said:

Does any aftermarket manufacturer make a correction Radom / nose for the Hasegawa 1/72 F-4J/S❓

Gee whiz ... what's wrong with the Hasegawa noses? :angry: 

Gene K

Spook II.jpg

Edited by Gene K
47 minutes ago, Craig Baldwin said:

...  don't you know there is always something wrong with everything!!!

Well, yes ... but I honestly didn't know there was a problem with the 1/72 Hasegawa noses, so I'm really curious as to what it is!!

Gene K

3 hours ago, Gene K said:

Well, yes ... but I honestly didn't know there was a problem with the 1/72 Hasegawa noses, so I'm really curious as to what it is!!

Gene K

just looked at two F4's from the old standby two days ago, and they looked really good to me. Then I pulled the 1/48th kit out, and I liked what I saw.

gary

I thought he was talking about the old tool kit. That one has much more than just the nose wrong with it. If one grafts on an old time Revell nose (or a copy of it), the "long snout problem" is gone, but, then we really need to build those as Bs anyway. (and live with the fact that the old F-4B tooling and the old F-4E tooling had different wing shapes and dimensions)

I build the new toolings OOB,,,,,,because it seemed so cool to have them back when they came out. But remember, my idea of "cool" was based on no longer having to graft Revell noses onto Hasegawa F-4Es to get a thick winged short nose model,,,,,,which at one time was the only way to do it.

• 1 month later...

Hello all

I pulled the trigger on a ZM F-4S...and I am now looking fwd to first hand compare it with the Academy and Hasegawa offerings...and with Mongram. :-) "Just" looking at pictures and feeling a kit are two different things after all...

cheers

Uwe