1/48 Zoukei Mura F-4C and F-4D

Thanks for the heads up and the links!

Looks like the F-4S is on schedule for summer release, but haven't seen a follow on date for the C and/or D (or C/D?).

main_visual_No092.jpg

Gene K

Edited by Gene K
2 minutes ago, Gene K said:

Thanks for the heads up and the links!

Looks like the F-4S is on schedule for summer release, but haven't seen a follow on date for the C and/or D (or C/D?).

Gene K

They will likely spread out the release schedule.

11 minutes ago, Scooby said:

They will likely spread out the release schedule.

If the half year spread between the J and the S is an indicator, the C/D may (wishfully) show up by Christmas.:thumbsup:

Gene K

14 minutes ago, adamitri said:

Please o please can we have an "E" or "G" ......

According to the ZM boss blog #88 (Google translation):

"From J, until the series of all F-4 phantom is complete, from S, C, D, J (Marine Corps specification), from long nose E, F, G, EJ type finally to spare engine loading Whether they can do their best, their destiny is precisely you". (depends on sales, and that appears to be the order)

What's missing, at this point, is the B model and RF series.

Gene K

Edited by Gene K
2 hours ago, phantomdriver said:

...  they did say last year, both in the Old Man Blog and at Telford.." First short nose then long nose finally the Spey.....

Can it get any better???

I also heard that at Telford one of the reps said they'd be doing a B model, but that was a singular incident, I believe.  Since they then would have a thin wing as well as thick, it wouldn't be "much more" of a stretch to do a couple of RF noses.  :rolleyes:

Gene K

8 hours ago, phantomdriver said:

looks like the rear fuselage/ engine issue hasn't been addressed...

Gene, they did say last year, both in the Old Man Blog and at Telford.." First short nose then long nose finally the Spey.....

That would be the issue based off photos of a test shot from 6 months prior to production you are talking about? 

Why fix the most accurate rear fuselage of an F-4 that has ever been released...?

Great scheme on the F-4S bring on the rest of the family...i hope try have the IR seeker pod on the F-4C as an option so we can do Robin Olds Bolo bird easily.

Some great Phantoms on the way!

3 hours ago, dehowie said:

That would be the issue based off photos of a test shot from 6 months prior to production you are talking about? 

Why fix the most accurate rear fuselage of an F-4 that has ever been released...?

Great scheme on the F-4S bring on the rest of the family...i hope try have the IR seeker pod on the F-4C as an option so we can do Robin Olds Bolo bird easily.

the way I gather it, Olds flew at least three and maybe a fourth Phantom.

gary

6 hours ago, dehowie said:

I was looking at the shots from Shizuoka, unless the shown model is a prototype, then the rear fuselage error still exists..

I will wait for the F-4S, those Midway scemes are just too nice. I have a Hasegawa -S downstairs that might get build in parallel then to see the differences. Sad to see that there won't be a -B but then the Academy model with some minor resin correction builds into a nice model so this missing model I can suryly live with .

cheers

Uwe

PS: On the pics of the -C and -D the flaw on the rear fuselage sticks out again, might get acceptable once its hidden under a weathered coat of camo... It is really sad that this happened, it might have been a 99% kit otherwise.

5 minutes ago, phantomdriver said:

I was looking at the shots from Shizuoka, unless the shown model is a prototype, then the rear fuselage error still exists..

Was just thinking the same...;-)

18 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

the way I gather it, Olds flew at least three and maybe a fourth Phantom.

gary

Yea he did at least. However his Bolo bird is a bit different(no IR dork on the nose) so figure that one is a good one to build especially given the significance of the mission.

Re rear fuselage of the ZM kit its been discussed to death elsewhere and the consensus is its as close to spot on and far more accurate in the rear end than any F-4 kit ever released Academy being a close second. Why fix whats not broken..

OK, folks, what is the scoop?  By reading some of the reviews, it is told that the ZM Phantom is better than the Academy Phantom which is better than the Hasegawa one.  ARC forums is about the only blogs that I have time to read.  So what is wrong with the rear fuselage of the ZM kit?  Thanks for the information!!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

2 hours ago, dehowie said:

Yea he did at least. However his Bolo bird is a bit different(no IR dork on the nose) so figure that one is a good one to build especially given the significance of the mission.

Re rear fuselage of the ZM kit its been discussed to death elsewhere and the consensus is its as close to spot on and far more accurate in the rear end than any F-4 kit ever released Academy being a close second. Why fix whats not broken..

Maybe wrong, but I think the "Bolo" airframe was one he repossessed from a group of new pilots. May have been a "D", or even an "E". I'd have to go back and reread his book to find out again. Thinking back, I don't think it had the built in gun, so that makes it a D or C model.

gary

6 hours ago, SonyKen said:

OK, folks, what is the scoop?  By reading some of the reviews, it is told that the ZM Phantom is better than the Academy Phantom which is better than the Hasegawa one.  ARC forums is about the only blogs that I have time to read.  So what is wrong with the rear fuselage of the ZM kit?  Thanks for the information!!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

The Academy kit is far from being 'better' than the Hasegawa kit. It has a one-piece fuselage and a few finer details in certain areas, but overall there are far too many shape and detail errors. Its only plus is that it's the only 'modern' tool B model.

As for the ZM, it's pretty much the best Phantom kit out of the box in any scale. However, ZM have made bit of a goof in the area of the shoulders on the aft fuselage sides, that slope down towards the exhaust nozzles. When comparing it to the real thing, to loft cross section drawings and other models, you can see that ZM got this area too square and muscular while it should be softer, more blended and sloping.

Personally, I'll rectify this by a little bit of sanding and blending (and rescribe of a couple of lost panel lines), but others may not bother...

Cheers

Jeffrey

11 hours ago, dehowie said:

Old's use a "late" F-4C in the bolo mission. neither late F-4C nor early F-4D have the nosecone fairing installed.  

10 minutes ago, mingwin said:

Old's use a "late" F-4C in the bolo mission. neither late F-4C nor early F-4D have the nosecone fairing installed.  

You mean like this (for reference only)

F-4D_North_Dakota_(23962954193).jpg

Edited by Craig Baldwin
3 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

As for the ZM, it's pretty much the best Phantom kit out of the box in any scale.

even better than Tamiya 1/32 one? please could you explain which areas? cheers.

Edited by Alpagueur