1/48 Zoukei Mura F-4C and F-4D

Jeffrey,

Any plans for some canopy details like the ones you make for the Hasegawa and Academy kits? For me, the lack of canopy detail is a bigger issue than the aft fuselage shape, which I see, but don't find it to be all that bad. 

Ben

27 minutes ago, Ben Brown said:

Jeffrey,

Any plans for some canopy details like the ones you make for the Hasegawa and Academy kits? For me, the lack of canopy detail is a bigger issue than the aft fuselage shape, which I see, but don't find it to be all that bad. 

Ben

Yes, already in preparation. But you know, I take my time with new items so I don't know when they might be ready...

J

5 hours ago, jpk said:

Did the C not have the low viz formation lights? I know the D's had them.

the C didn't have them install in its early service. they were added later. the ZM kit provide them separately on the sprue. in case you plan to do a late service "C"

Just a word on formation lights. I just phinised (get it) the ZM C and decided to use the the 57 FIS decals. I used the formation lights provided and glued them in place only to find out during decaling that where I glued the lights doesn't match the position of the light on the decal! That turned in to a circle jerk of the first order. Although the idea of separate glue on lights seems nice, they have way too much relief. Leave them off and go with decals. And just a bit of editorializing: I wish everyone would get off the fuselage shape issue already. Its a great kit; the best yet. As much as I was around those things in the Air Force ( i gotta throw that in) it's ironic I didn't pick up on the shape issue until everyone here started whining. And while the wine is helping me talk, what's with the love affair with the Hasegawa F-4. Yeah, it's good, I loved it and just built the "K" but c'mon, it doesn't surpass Academy or ZM. There, I said it.

16 hours ago, BillS said:

As much as I was around those things in the Air Force ...  it's ironic I didn't pick up on the shape issue until everyone here started whining. 

Same here.

EDIT: but your experience and eyes will be totally discounted by the photo gazers.

Gene K

Edited by Gene K
13 hours ago, BillS said:

As much as I was around those things in the Air Force ( i gotta throw that in) it's ironic I didn't pick up on the shape issue until everyone here started whining.

it is nonetheless there.

seeing shapes correctly (to that point) might not have been required to work on Phantoms... (seems obvious from your comment)

sometimes people are searching for their keys while they're just in front of them... funny how  vision works. 

2 hours ago, mingwin said:

it is nonetheless there.

seeing shapes correctly (to that point) might not have been required to work on Phantoms... (seems obvious from your comment)

sometimes people are searching for their keys while they're just in front of them... funny how  vision works. 

It's actually easier to detect those things by holding a model and studying pictures. I am currently knee deep in the Island of USS Hancock after June45 until her mothballing...it's amazing how many details were overlooked there. Not one kit out there that is even close...

Edited by anj4de