How does the Trumpy F-106 go together?

I've got this kit along with the DXM (?) resin intakes, Aires cockpit and wheel well sets.  I have a bit of a bug to start on it, but I'm not interested in going 15 rounds at this point. 

How easy of a kit is this?  High fun-factor or like having a kidney stone?

Thanks,

Chris

I have one taped up and seems typical if modern Trump with good engineering.

Not sure about the DXM intakes as im leaving mine stock as i dont see any issues some do. Mind you i left my Monogram 106 alone as did most and noone noticed they are just as wrong as Trumps ie very minor.

There are several builds online and i havnt seen any complaints on fit.

DXM = XMM?

if you have the parts in your hands, you'll easily see the difference between the more "thick-lipped" kit intakes, the lower edges of the intakes are not as parallel to the wing alignment as the kit's ones (they are kind-of perpendicular to the fuselage front cross section), and the subtle curve all along the intakes more rectangular shape (not a reverse trapeze)

F-106intakes.jpg1-48-F-106-Trumpeter-9.jpg

to answer the OP, if the new Aires resin fits more easily than their older products (i've read that plenty of time about their new stuff... but have only experienced their older stuff...) you should have an enjoyable build.

Hey Swimmer, 

I'm building this kit and using the exact aftermarket you're using, plus some additional stuff.  Having a great time on the build but it's over on Z5.  I'm having a great time building the kit and it goes together very well, but you do have to take you're time with the intakes and dry fit them before gluing them in place, making sure that the two halfs of the intake tubes on the inside come together as there is a single tube that connects to the two halfs and if they're off, it's a bear to fix!

I built one when it first came out and it goes together quite nicely. Since after market stuff wasn't available at the time I cobbled cockpit detail together and used a True Details seat. Landing gear and missile bay components all fit positively. I'm going to do at least one more with the resin intake replacements. Unless you have the intakes side by side it's hard to tell what's off in my opinion. 

Didn't have many issues with mine, the burner seam is a bit unsightly and some care is needed making sure the missile bay is seated properly so that all of the hinges line up it was a pretty straight forward build.  I wasn't able to successfully pose the canopy closed and it's really hard to get it cleanly glued in the raised position (and frame/clear piece joint was a pain).

Managed to win some awards with it though.

17390369_10154254414221246_6315535500591

29 minutes ago, zerosystem said:

Didn't have many issues with mine, the burner seam is a bit unsightly and some care is needed making sure the missile bay is seated properly so that all of the hinges line up it was a pretty straight forward build.  I wasn't able to successfully pose the canopy closed and it's really hard to get it cleanly glued in the raised position (and frame/clear piece joint was a pain).

Managed to win some awards with it though.

Congratulations - it looks great! 

I have not built one myself (too busy helping all of you build your kits) , but I mostly heard positive things about the Trumpeter F-106 build experience.