VX-4 Black Bunny BuNo 159853 - Stencils?

I'm doing Vandy One from VX-4 using the Fightertown Decals sheet #48058 for Test/Eval/Adversary.

The diagrams are not complete for the black F-14s, and I need to know if the A-model in particular had NO STEP and other stencils on the upper surfaces. I haven't found a photo yet, so I'm hoping someone here knows the answer.

Thanks!

Edited by andrew.deboer

all the photos I have of the VX-4 Vandy one show pristine upper surfaces with no stenciling. I can't give exact dates, but this applies to the time periods when Capt/RADM/ Anselmo's name was on the jet... both when it was in front and later on the RIO spot.

9 hours ago, Skull Leader said:

all the photos I have of the VX-4 Vandy one show pristine upper surfaces with no stenciling. I can't give exact dates, but this applies to the time periods when Capt/RADM/ Anselmo's name was on the jet... both when it was in front and later on the RIO spot.

That's what I needed to hear, and it's great to get it from a reliable source. Thank you for the reply.

The sheet comes with a raft of NO STEP stencils in white, and it would be just my luck to have the top surfaces encrusted in tiny stencils, but it appears that those white decals are for other planes on the sheet. I'll probably have to scrounge up a few misc blocks of white text for a couple of spots...

Followup question: walkways on both intakes in flat black?

Bear in mind this doesn't mean they never had those stencils.... just that there was a lot of time where they didn't, so... draw your own conclusions.

Yep, flat black. I had the dragon 1/144 Vandy one kit and I never could figure out why they gave me grey walkways

Edited by Skull Leader
Spelling

Thanks for the facts! And yep, "Never Say Never" is one of the Tomcat Ten Commandments. 

I'm shooting for mid-June to have this done, and not having to do a hundred stencils and get their carrier film to disappear on gloss black... well, that's a beautiful thing, and it's fact-based.

Thanks again for your expertise.