1/48th Scale F-35 RAM Panel Decals

3 minutes ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Forgive me, but with all respect, that makes no sense....would that not be the best test possible? Many times what I've had on a decal sheet ended up looking very different once on the painted model (both good AND bad)....and the final appearance on the model is the point of all this discussion. 

May I suggest, simply try it on yours, and if it doesn't look right, remove it and then you can say so. :cheers: 

Of course it would be the best test if it was the same product. The 1/72 sheet was produced earlier, for a different kit. It was just a different product. And clearly it was printed in a correct color, as illustrated in Mark's photo. But the 1/48 sheet is different. I know that the color can look different on a decal sheet, but the way I checked it has proven quite clearly that the printed decal is not FS 36231, as it was supposed to be. Printer's mistake probably...

It's beating a dead horse now, but just to end the discussion and give Mark a chance to solve the issue:

A strip of styrene painted with Vallejo FS36170 paint, placed on top of a FS36170 color chip, with a small piece of RAM decal applied on top of it. On the left you can see where the piece came from. I apologize for the poor decal application - it was just a quick job with water only and no setting solutions, as the paint was very fresh. I didn't want to use the whole decal, to preserve the shape outline.

34865740281_9e8472ce5e_c.jpg

Edited by Vodnik
2 hours ago, Vodnik said:

No proof? ROTFL... Have you actually seen all the photos I posted in the other thread or is it too much effort for you?

Whoa...... what happened to civility, Vod?  Mark's a pretty smart guy, and a gentleman at that, so give him a chance to address your observations and stop beating him with your acerbic (and redundant) retorts.

Gene K

7 minutes ago, Gene K said:

Whoa...... what happened to civility, Vod?  Mark's a pretty smart guy, and a gentleman at that, so give him a chance to address your observations

At that point in discussion Mark addressed my observations by accusing me of posting "outlandish claims and no proof". Very "gentlemanish" of him. That was just my response to that. Now he changed a tone and so did I.

Take it easy guys. I don't know Mark S. but he did not print the decals, and has offered to refund money spent and offer a replacement sheet as soon as its available.What more do you want ,his blood or a pound of flesh! Once again take it easy on him.

I don't want to post another photo, but in case anyone wonders about the quality of the decal itself (apart from the color issue) looking at my photo above, I can assure you that it is very good. After a couple of hours the decal has settled very nicely and smooth - all the rough edges visible in the photo have now disappeared, without any need for setting solutions.

49 minutes ago, dthank said:

I think that the following pic showing the 1/72 sheet laid directly over the 1/48 sheet clearly shows that the decals are not printed in the same color.

B09DED9A-67CB-41DF-88B7-FDA6F8D06223.jpg

THAT is what we needed to see…

Gentlemen,

Sorry for the mistake.  Fantasy Print Shop will be shipping replacement sheets to me next Wednesday.  The ones you have now are don't match the intended color.  It takes 7 to 10 days for me to receive them so that puts the date to June 14 thru June 17 before I can ship replacements.  Decide individually whether you want replacements or a refund and let me know via email to: sales@millcreekconsultants.com

Regards,

Mark S.

Wolfpak Decals

2 hours ago, Matt Walker said:

So how can those of us that have sheets in the wrong colour go about getting replacement copies?

I bought both the A and B sets from the website 5/25/17

Cheers in advance

Matthew

Mark posted that you can simply email him. You can decide if you want replacements or a refund. This is how business is done correctly. Mistakes happen. Goodness knows I've had my fair share of them. Mark responded to the problem and quickly came up with a solution. I can speak from experience that when you've put a whole bunch of time into a project, it's hard to hear something's wrong with it. You kind of take it personally. 

I emailed Mark about getting a set of replacement set of decals and he responded to me right away and committed to send the replacements out as soon as he received them.  Can't ask for anymore than that.

Stuff happens, it's how you respond that matters.  

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Seems there is no "Add to Cart" button next to the F-35A/B decals. I've refreshed the browser with no results. Like to order, but nowhere to add to cart prevents this for me at least.

Cheers

Larry

Gentlemen,

The replacement sheets are in and look good.  They match the 1/72 scale sheet color.   I should have the instructions from the print shop later today.  Will begin packaging them and shipping replacements tomorrow.  At the same time I will replace the links to the shopping cart on the website so those of you who haven't ordered yet can get them.  Please be patient as it will take me over a week to send all of the replacement sheets, new orders on site awaiting the corrected sheets and any further orders.

Thanks for your understanding,

Mark 

Gents,

I've started shipping replacement sheets.  The first batch went out yesterday.  Will start shipping existing orders that weren't filled pending the correct sheets tomorrow while continuing to ship the replacements.  Please be patient it's going to take a while.

The buttons are once again Hot!  You can now order these sheets again.

As for 1/32 scale RAM panels I have to say that I doubt it.  It would take a double sheet and would run around $17 or more.  I haven't had success with selling in that scale and the kit is expensive.

Thanks very much for your understanding.

Mark

Craig,

I'm sure there are variances between kits.  I know there are between the 2 A's, 1 B and 1 C in 1/72nd scale.  How much and does it matter I don't know.  Once I can get my hands on a Meng Kit I'll compare it with the decals.  It takes a lot of work to draw them up so you'll need to let me know if you want them sized for the Meng kit once I make the comparison and let you know what if any the differences are.

Mark