The Scale Model Critique Group and ARC.

You have nothing to share that peeps want to see or hear.

Left your own group? I suppose you see the writing on the wall ,that your page is nothing worthwhile and useless to anyone wanting to learn better modelling.

Sorry?

I doubt you have ever been sorry, but will no doubt be finding out how it feels in the coming days.

Have your 'attorneys' told you shut the f up yet?

Good advice , you need to take.

2 hours ago, JimD said:

The idea that we ban people that don't agree with us is laughable and false. The only people we remove are ones that skirt the rules and make personal attacks. There are plenty of people I don't agree with. 

You're full of crap Cupcake.  I was banned for pointing out during the KH Fitter hubbub that no one was forcing anyone to purchase the "unbuildable" kit.  That was it, no personal attacks on you Doog, Will or the other "ban hammer" crew....I shared a dissenting point of view and out I went.  Not to mention the folks that didn't post anything but got banned for merely being friends with folks that didn't stroke you or Doog properly....so yeah.  

Your backpedaling is hilarious...oh and let us know what the attorney says when you tell him this revolves around tiny plastic airplanes... 

Edited by andyman_1970

I came here trying to clear up what happened on our page with the share if this thread despite it being a hostile environment, and the personal attacks still continue. 

I'm telling you I am tired of it. I'm done with the group, with FB, and the whole modeling community in general. For close to two years I've been the target of multiple groups dedicated solely to mocking and bullying, and I just want to be done with it. 

You've won, you've run me off and embarrassed me and called me out. So congrats, please just move on. I'm done, I'm asking you to be done. I'm out. Take up your issues with the other admins and members. I want to be left alone now. 

I'm would respectfully ask that admins remove this thread. I think it's kind of ironic that it continues to assist so people can continue to attack me. 

I think the 'attorneys' will realize the unsurmountable depth of stupidity displayed by this goof and soak him for as much $ as possible.

Entirely deserved.

Don't let the door hit your asinine butt on the way out, you are not needed or wanted in the modelling community.

Edited by krow113

My $0.02. 

Although the admin has apologised for his actions, I think he should PM @ALF18 and apologise to him directly as well. Furthermore, the person who originally posted the link to the WIP on the SMCG page should be kicked from the group as his post was in clear contravention of the group's rules. 

Now that being said, can we all just move along?

Mark

2 minutes ago, JimD said:

I'm would respectfully ask that admins remove this thread. I think it's kind of ironic that it continues to assist so people can continue to attack me. 

Let me get this straight, you call someone an a-hole and then claim to be the "victim"....really?  

22 minutes ago, krow113 said:

You have nothing to share that peeps want to see or hear.

There's no need for that or any of the piling on that's now occurring. Everybody man up.

To be honest, I've seen Jim's work on his site and he has some kung fu. I am on this forum (and on SMCG for a very short time) and others because I enjoy seeing other modelers' work. I have a lot to learn in order to make replicas that I am happy with. I just prefer the "here's a great model" approach to the "hey, guys, check out this model I think sucks" approach.

I've said what I wanted to say, rewriting and editing before posting, and I'm done with this. Jim and Mr. Porter have done what they can. I'm heading over to Jet Modeling now...

Edited by andrew.deboer

For the love of god, I get it. I've done and said a lot of shoot. I've been a jerk and an not nice person, and I deserve it all. Fine. But I'm just asking you to leave me alone now, and you can't. You're doing exactly what you're so pissed at me about. I'm done, and I'm just asking all of you to be done too. I don't want to do this anymore. So for the love of god can't you just stop?

12 minutes ago, krow113 said:

I think the 'attorneys' will realize the unsurmountable depth of stupidity displayed by this goof and soak him for as much $ as possible.

Entirely deserved.

Don't let the door hit your asinine butt on the way out, you are not needed or wanted in the modelling community.

That wasn't necessary. 

That was an excessively low blow and wasn't needed.  There's a difference between calling someone to task for an action and attacking the person directly for something unrelated. 

1 minute ago, JimD said:

For the love of god, I get it. I've done and said a lot of shoot. I've been a jerk and an not nice person, and I deserve it all. Fine. But I'm just asking you to leave me alone now, and you can't. You're doing exactly what you're so pissed at me about. I'm done, and I'm just asking all of you to be done too. I don't want to do this anymore. So for the love of god can't you just stop?

Here's a thought......stop trolling this thread to see who's talking about you. Then, perhaps, you wouldn't get upset. I'm going to use your words here. This is a public space and can be used for anything.

Semper Fi

Dan

I created this thread to bring attention to an issue that I felt was unethical and wasn't a good representation of the scale modeling community. It's since been resolved and I don't think further mud-slinging and attacks that serve no purpose but to continue to hurt for the sake of hurting and attacking for the sake of attacking is productive. 

Let's move forward? 

Just now, Jonathan_Lotton said:

I created this thread to bring attention to an issue that I felt was unethical and wasn't a good representation of the scale modeling community. It's since been resolved and I don't think further mud-slinging and attacks that serve no purpose but to continue to hurt for the sake of hurting and attacking for the sake of attacking is productive. 

Let's move forward? 

Thank you, and as I've said the post that you highlighted was well beyond the scope of my vision for the group, and for that I'm sorry. 

The group has driven way too much drama and personal attacks toward me and again I certain deserve it but I have to move on now, and would ask that others do the same. 

I make no apologies.

He is reaping what he has sowed.

Don't worry jimbo we are all bored by you , and cant wait to see you go away and not come back.

If you like I can start a thread on RI , we have a way of dealing with your type that ensures quick and humiliating disappearance.  What I saw on your dbag page was a few guys who think they are Gods gift to modelling and will rip anyone or use weak critiques to 'prove' their experience and skills. The whole thing smacks of elitism and hypocrisy.                       

Edited by krow113

"With that in mind it's the admins feeling that the builds that are shared are of a certain quality; builds that are clearly well done but offer the audience the chance to find flaws and learning opportunities in minutiae. The build that was shared, in retrospect, did not fit this criteria."

This is a pretty elitist way of saying someone's build isn't good enough.

If potential newcomers to the hobby or those who are just starting out with their first couple of kits feel that their builds have to be of a certain standard before they can even get a chance to learn from the pros and get advice, they're going to get discouraged for sure.

1 minute ago, SBARC said:

Why create something that fosters negative feelings?

3 minutes ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

Let's move forward? 

Agreed. I've said my peace and am done.

Semper Fi

Dan

3 hours ago, Robert Porter said:

Jim did not create a FB group to disparage Kitty Hawk, but Kitty Hawk actually did the reverse. Hence the attorneys being involved. Personally for a kit manufacturer to do something like that smacks of school yard bullying. If you disagree with Jim, fine then address your disagreement constructively and state your opinion. You have your right to an opinion just as much as he or I do. Again my point is making these attacks personal serves no ones interest. If you believe he has personally attacked someone and are upset by it address him directly, doing exactly what you criticize him for certainly is hypocritical in the extreme and serves no constructive end. 

Kitty hawk didn't start that page genius. And it's hard for me to make a case when I just get banned for no reason, no warning. His royal highness was pissed off and as we see, that's grounds for banning. Now tell me, are you the big spoon, or the little spoon?

• SBARC locked this topic