The Scale Model Critique Group and ARC.

Ok, you don't need to, just you yourself is enough, what about your self righteous replies on many Facebook modeling sites. like a week or to ago when someone asked on one about using a certain type of paint. Your reply was some thing along the lines of "this is rich" Nothing very helpful there. You're just an arrogant turd, face it, man up and own it for Fuks sake!

4 minutes ago, JimD said:

And Dan here is behind this one, but keep telling me I am the one with the problem...youre not too g to find me running hate groups targeting individuals. 

https://facebook.com/groups/600146130174194

11 minutes ago, JimD said:

Nice try. One of your own lackies outed you very early. It's you. We all know it's you. As if the writing style didn't give it away, or the fact that you did the same with Britmodeler twice wasn't enough...I have unequivocal proof it's you. From one of your own "friends." 

Tee hee. Nope, not mine. Never was. It's not a  nice try Jimmy, it's a plain fact. I mean, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be bothered if it WAS my page, I'd be quite proud of it, but if you think it's the writing style, then you're a monumentally poor writing analyst. Honestly! When you say "we all know it's you" what you actually mean is "I know it's you", which alludes to two issues. . one, your poor ability to decipher writing styles and, two, your own malignant narcissism that makes you think an opinion of one is "all". Now, you're always the first to tell us how expert you are (in pretty much everything) so I'm surprised that expertise hasn't extended to finding out who's page it is, or maybe it has? And you're just too embarrassed to admit you know it's not mine.
So, who is "we all"? Be specific, show your work.

Edited by Dmanton300
speeling
26 minutes ago, marine4 ever said:

Jim, for someone who "wants it all to stop", you sure do engage easily. If you truly want this to end, I would suggest a quiet exit from this thread and let it die.

Semper Fi

Dan 

true, Dan, you beat me to the punch!

44 minutes ago, Dmanton300 said:

Just as an aside, this is my Tomcat, and Jimmy "not" being personal in his evaluation of it on SMCG.
Capture_zps4dbi9dxy.png

As someone who has met Drewe frequently,( we both sit on the same tables at Telford) and seen his numerous builds , both at shows and in online/ mag editorials..

the above comments captured with Drewe's F-14, clearly show what a lying little scroat the defendant really is....

4 minutes ago, CrazyGlueSniffer said:

Do you realize how much of an fool you must be to have at least two FB pages dedicated to how much of an fool you are? Seriously, wake up. 

f7FdEdG.jpg

umm, pokes nose in tent.

Do you guys know what this looks like to the "lurkers" and people that used to post but have gone silent? And the newbies,,,,,and builders like me that build "boring box art basic" models? ( I mean really build in that style, not the good modelers like Drewe, but, the guys that build that way on purpose) And the guys that only post now when they know they can answer a question that draws them in,,,,,,,and then go quiet for weeks again.

I can't be the only modeler that feels like he is a poodle in the same room where the Doberman's and Huskies are fighting.

I stopped posting model photos quite a while back, not because I didn't want my models seen or critiqued,,,,,,,but, because my photography skills came under fire.

I don't like the thought that as I build models for my collection, in the "boring box art" style, that the photos might get dragged from the Hangar Deck onto SCMG, ARC, HS, or wherever, just to get slammed for being built in the style I consciously *chose* last June.

But to watch a lot of the "established" modelers go at it like this (from both sides) makes one wonder where the "quiet, boring modeler sites" are, just so we can talk about plastic and real aircraft,,,,,,,instead of about other modelers.

Funny thing,,,,,,all of the guys I have met in person are reasonable and interesting to talk with. Sometimes you wouldn't guess that from reading some posts and threads.

23 minutes ago, Rex said:

umm, pokes nose in tent.

Do you guys know what this looks like to the "lurkers" and people that used to post but have gone silent? And the newbies,,,,,and builders like me that build "boring box art basic" models? ( I mean really build in that style, not the good modelers like Drewe, but, the guys that build that way on purpose) And the guys that only post now when they know they can answer a question that draws them in,,,,,,,and then go quiet for weeks again.

I can't be the only modeler that feels like he is a poodle in the same room where the Doberman's and Huskies are fighting.

I stopped posting model photos quite a while back, not because I didn't want my models seen or critiqued,,,,,,,but, because my photography skills came under fire.

I don't like the thought that as I build models for my collection, in the "boring box art" style, that the photos might get dragged from the Hangar Deck onto SCMG, ARC, HS, or wherever, just to get slammed for being built in the style I consciously *chose* last June.

But to watch a lot of the "established" modelers go at it like this (from both sides) makes one wonder where the "quiet, boring modeler sites" are, just so we can talk about plastic and real aircraft,,,,,,,instead of about other modelers.

Funny thing,,,,,,all of the guys I have met in person are reasonable and interesting to talk with. Sometimes you wouldn't guess that from reading some posts and threads.

23 minutes ago, Rex said:

umm, pokes nose in tent.

I understand what you're saying here. But, I will point out that the focus of this whole thing is not someone's build, but how a person decided to rip that persons build(amongst other things). You wanna build "box art" models? That's fine and no one here is diacouraging that. Well, one person is, hence...

I'm just saying that there is something very telling when you realize that there are over 3500 views to a thread that has 139 posts in it.

We need to remain aware of who is reading these threads. And of what they are thinking and concluding as they read.

For the record, the "Cabal Blog Entry" was pulled down somewhere along the way in the midst of all of this back and forth.

I will also state that I am not a fan of what happened with Drewe's model, or that accusation that there is a "modeling Cabal",,,,,,,but, I do wonder why it appears that the Academy Phantom was the "greatest", and could not be criticized at the time for shape issues,,,and it is now okay to criticize it when talking about a newer kit. It sometimes really does seem that "newer is better" all of the time, and does make one wonder what is going on. And when a new kit comes out, the former "thou shalt not insult the great kit" becomes flawed all at once.

Edited by Rex

The most amusing thing about the Tomcat is that it was painted and weathered with reference to real ones as they looked around the time of the revolution. And that is pretty much spotless. They were Iran's pride and joy, and remained so even after the revolution. So they weren't beaten and faded. It had a subtle wash some very subtle post shading, and quite a bit of light streaking and other work. The key is *subtle*. Just like the real thing using, you know, references! And apparently that's "boring" because I didn't make it look like it had been buried in peat, smothered in oil and set alight.  Or, Ged forbid, black based! The one thing I remain unhappy with was not being able to replace the AIM-9Gs provided for AIM-9J/P. The reason being (and here's an irony!) that it was built FOR TAMIYA and their importer here in the UK, and currently resides at the importer's headquarters in a display case along with Spencer Pollard's VF-2 model and Jon Mock's VF-84 model. So in calling it box standard people are dead right, except I used references and stuff in the finishing.

So, yeah. . . . boring as f**k. 

I would venture that there is some validity to this thread, otherwise admin would have removed it by now.

Trashing peeps and their efforts , no matter how , will get you this reaction.

Trashing peeps and their efforts , then cowardly banning them before they can answer  , going on to more trashing and banning , dismissing the peeps you already trashed and banned gets you this type of reaction.

Since the goof here thinks he can do that without a build up of resentment , shows a lack of respect for all modellers and indeed reality.

The good news is once this is over the goof will be gone forever  to the betterment of modelling.

This is perfect and a warning to anyone who thinks they are untouchable.

So I drops by to see what's up in the old hang out....I poke my head in and lo-and-behold, it's a virtual bar fight. Now mind you, I like a good bar fight scene...but man, this is....well....I don't know WHAT this is. Not sure to laugh, to pray for those that need help or to just walk on by an pretend I didn't see it. I'm gonna go with the last I guess. But it is a bar fight so....hand me a bar stool..

Bill

4 hours ago, JimD said:

I'm telling you I am tired of it. I'm done with the group, with FB, and the whole modeling community in general. For close to two years I've been the target of multiple groups dedicated solely to mocking and bullying,

1 hour ago, Rex said:

If I had lived to be a billion years old, I never would have realized or even contemplated dragging someone else's model onto another web site to critique it without their permission.  It's a bit of a scary thought.  It kind of makes me reconsider ever posting another picture of one of my builds on this or any other site.  I even did a cursory check on the SMCG Facebook page to see if any of my builds were put on the sacrificial altar for its bones to be picked clean!  I like to build boring models right out of the box so maybe mine were too crummy to even consider.  Phwew!

Eric

Back to the original thread.....

The thing is this.  Jimmy and his mates think that by pointing out flaws in other peoples' models helps them to become better modellers.  It's a shame they think like that.  What would be better is to point out a flaw, then offer constructive advice as to how to correct an error or use a different technique.  But no, that would be useful and constructive.  That's why I left the group, I thought a place where modeller's could ask for help and top tips is a good idea, this SMCG is not that place.  It's got a nasty, unfriendly undertone running straight through it.

And yes, models posted on public forums are open to be used I guess.  But here's the thing.  If a modeller hasn't asked for criticism then just resist the temptation and walk on by.  Use a member's who has posted a model asking for advice and guidance.  Anything else is just rude.

Wherever Jimmy goes, and his little Cabal turn up, it always ends in angst, arguments and strife,. Every single time.  They are always the common denominator.  I honestly believe they've not worked that out yet!

And I know who is behind the SMCGCGAMC, and it isn't Drewe.  Bloody hilarious!

1 minute ago, Haggis said:

And I know who is behind the SMCGCGAMC, and it isn't Drewe.  Bloody hilarious!

It isn't? Aww no, Jimmy will be *SO* disappointed! I'm starting to wish it was, it clearly drives him insane. Missed a trick there!

2 hours ago, phantomdriver said:

As someone who has met Drewe frequently,( we both sit on the same tables at Telford) and seen his numerous builds , both at shows and in online/ mag editorials..

the above comments captured with Drewe's F-14, clearly show what a lying little scroat the defendant really is....

I know nothing about the people involved. But I think that Tomcat is great. Better then I can do.

Agreed. That Drewe's tomcat is a nice model. It isn't done in the artistic style currently en-vogue, but so what? 

Its a question of style, not of talent or quality.

• SBARC locked this topic