The Scale Model Critique Group and ARC.

Whatever this is about it is pretty clear that no one has actually talked to a lawyer as they are taught the difference between Slander (oral defamation ie talking aloud to someone) and Libel (written or published in some method defamation) in law school........

I feel sorry for Jim and other sites like his.  I found them to be very entertaining.  when I started building models plastic kits were just starting. my dad was teaching me

balsa, & Bass solid kits. the first Hawk, Revell, Comet, Lindberg, and others kit, were like we died and went to heaven.

Monogram was set a new standard in the "60"s. now others are eclipsing those kits. we have only been around 5 1/2 years.  we are very small compared to other companies.

we are still on a learning curve. but I think we are improving all the time. I listened to Jim's and others reviews. we took notes. and we try to make better kits all the time. 

other large plastic companies have been at it 50 or more years. we are new. we will learn.

thanx Glen

26 minutes ago, SBARC said:

I fully agree this forum needs like buttons.

Yes. Is it in your power to make that happen? Some other forums using a similar software package have them. 

Really?  I'd love to add them if possible.

Anyone got any info how to do this?

10 minutes ago, RandomCatFacts said:

Cat families usually play best in even numbers.

WOW \ my favorite poster is back! been years since we have been gratified with Random cat facts!:woot.gif:

this...this is why i stick to lurking. i've been an almost daily visitor to arc for over ten years, but damn. i want to add this much:

i build for fun, normally with my son; like my dad did with me. i post a couple finished builds now and again and i'm guilty of being a dick now and again. it is what it is. but this shoot where someone posts pictures of something that they themseles built in a manner they enjoy. their model. in their style. and all some oxygen theives can come up with is vitriol and...i don't even know. how are we ok with this?

go tear my builds to pieces. when pointing out the incorrect angle of a panel line and insulting my skill - or lack thereof - is where your numerous and well founded insecurities take you, when you can't even pretend to have anything of value to add to my hobby...i still have memories with my son. we learned a lot and we had fun. so we'll do our thing and it will - despite the best efforts of soul sucking leaches like jimmy here - be positive. you? congrats, bro. you've convinced some strangers on the internet that you're cool and totally not a walking, breathing and talking - though likely not simultaneously - dsm.

/rant

57 minutes ago, CorsairMan said:

Anyone who regularly uses terms like "butthurt" is hardly elitist.  

I hate what that term has come to mean. 

2 hours ago, SBARC said:

I fully agree this forum needs, like, buttons.*

Like, totally, dude. We've already had lots of, like, buttons though, like, hot buttons, that people press to get, like, reactions man.Don't steal my joy, bro!

*Edited for humour. Ok, not MUCH humour, but a bit. Lighten up, Francis!

• SBARC locked this topic