Two questions please if i may; P-38J/Brengun resin bombs!

Hi guys,

I have just received my Hasegawa 1/48 P-38J and have noticed that it does not seem to feature the dive compressibility flaps ( hope that is the right name) on the bottom of the wings as on late war birds. Is this correct or am I just missing something? I do see them on my Academy kit though.

Second question concerns 1/48 resin 1000lb bombs from Brengun (for abovementioned P-38J). In the packaging you get two resin bombs but only one photo-etch fret with fin and accessories for one bomb only. Has someone experienced this also by any chance? I have two packs and both are the same, a pair of resin bombs but fins for only one. I cannot believe they would give you an extra resin bomb in case of a mistake.

Thanks for any response,

Regards,

Pierre

1 hour ago, Pierre Sacha said:

Hi Seawinder, I'm hoping to do Mr. Bong's Lightning, any idea as to the model?

Regards,

Pierre

Apparently, Bong had a number of P-38s. It looks as if his first was a J-15, which wouldn't have had dive flaps. The plane he flew for the 1944 War Bonds tour was also a J, but probably a late block since it was unpainted. One other possibly helpful item from the In Action book: another change that took effect with the J-25 was the moving of the landing light from the wing bottom to the leading edge; so if the kit has the earlier landing light location, leaving off the dive flaps would at least be consistent. Personally, I shouldn't worry too much about the flaps: for my part, I seldom display my models upside down.    :)

23 hours ago, Silenoz said:

you can adress the question with regards to the PE to the manufacturer. I've messed up some PE  and they were very helpfull to replace it.

http://www.brengun.cz/

Hi Silenoz, thanks it was a mistake on their side. The pack was only supposed to contain one bomb and not two, all good!:cheers:

22 hours ago, seawinder said:

Apparently, Bong had a number of P-38s. It looks as if his first was a J-15, which wouldn't have had dive flaps. The plane he flew for the 1944 War Bonds tour was also a J, but probably a late block since it was unpainted. One other possibly helpful item from the In Action book: another change that took effect with the J-25 was the moving of the landing light from the wing bottom to the leading edge; so if the kit has the earlier landing light location, leaving off the dive flaps would at least be consistent. Personally, I shouldn't worry too much about the flaps: for my part, I seldom display my models upside down.    :)

Thanks for this info, much appreciated. I might also be doing an L version (Pudgy) which would have them. If so, I'm going to try and graft the academy wing panel with the dive flaps into the Hasegawa wing. Hopefully it will work.

Regards

Pierre