CD32023 - 1/32 RCAF Bae Hawk (CT-155) 419 Sqn Anniversary

Get the decals, you can always probably find the kit but it is sometimes VERY VERY difficult to find the decals when you want them. I do that with resin update sets and pick that up before the kit if I have any interest. Did that with Zacto Models A-7 set and glad I did since it went OOP. Did not even have the 1/32nd A-7 but got one recently at a great price but I digress.

1 hour ago, skyhawk174 said:

Get the decals, you can always probably find the kit but it is sometimes VERY VERY difficult to find the decals when you want them. I do that with resin update sets and pick that up before the kit if I have any interest. Did that with Zacto Models A-7 set and glad I did since it went OOP. Did not even have the 1/32nd A-7 but got one recently at a great price but I digress.

I do the same.....kits are easier to get when they are oop. Decals not so much for a decent price.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just saw this jet, in Cold Lake, last week.  I don't know if this detail has been noted or not, but the inner set of main gear doors, the interior and exterior are both black (probably to blend in with the black centerline tank.  All other gear doors are still painted white on the inside.

10 hours ago, Colin K said:

I just saw this jet, in Cold Lake, last week.  I don't know if this detail has been noted or not, but the inner set of main gear doors, the interior and exterior are both black (probably to blend in with the black centerline tank.  All other gear doors are still painted white on the inside.

Colin that is a good tidbit of info. I took a few shots of it last year when I was at Cold Lake (the time I saw you) but did not notice the doors.

On 6/28/2017 at 11:25 AM, skyhawk174 said:

Colin that is a good tidbit of info. I took a few shots of it last year when I was at Cold Lake (the time I saw you) but did not notice the doors.

Yeah, it's weird.  I saw the jet, up close, last year, at the airshow, but never noticed the doors.  Mind you, when I saw the jet last week, I was looking at specific detail shots.  Go figure.  lol.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, cf18hornet said:

Is a sheet in 1/72 still in the works?

I have not announced a 1/72 sheet. I need to draw a few more options for a 1/72 Hawk sheet and it will take some time.

• 2 months later...