UH-1 Pilot Seats - How to build.

I've spent at least 6hrs working on a 1/35 UH-1 pilot and I was hoping to hear from guys who've built their own custom seat. Share ideas and maybe help the next guy. This is most I've customized a seat and first time using brass. It's coming along but a work in progress still. Thankfully there's lots of reference photo's out there but at my skill level, doing an exact replica even in 1/35 scale is near impossible. The two hardest things for me so far it the bottom holder for the armor plate and the holes for the seat belts. I did try the bottom holder with brass but all I managed to do was slice my thumb open.... Then I went with plastic. I'm some what satisfied with my progress but my next challenge is finding the right size rods for the seat frame. It doesn't help my nearest model shop is 2hrs drive from where I live...

Drilling a hole instead of cutting a slit.

DAGc6Qpl.jpg

Filled in the hole with plastic then puttied the seems.

M0sLdSsl.jpg

The upper holder for the armor plate took some time but no cut fingers... I cut up a old bed sheet for the seat cushions and used sticky tack to keep them folded. 

aRH6K47l.jpg

I'm also leaving the armor plate loose as it's a fairly tight fit and won't slide out.

ALilZLXl.jpg

Tim

Edited by HUEYHOG
Pictures