USN Legacy Squadrons Group Build  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Will you join this Group Build?

I feel like we should get to have a separate vote for each model we intend to build for this. I'm thinking of a three-way shoot-off of 1/72 F-4 Phantoms: Academy vs. Hasegawa vs. Monogram. VF-151, VF-154, and I'm undecided on the third...but perhaps a TPS F-4S, a gull grey/white F-4J, and an overall gull grey with low viz markings J to represent the transitioning paint schemes over the years. 

OK gang I requested the GB for the first available dates. I am in need of someone to be my assistant moderator. If you are willing to help out let me know. Thanks everyone for voting. I did make a slight change to the name. I hope you all agree with it.

USN/USMC Legacy Squadrons Group Build

I could not leave out our Marine brother-in  

6 minutes ago, tosouthern66 said:

OK gang I requested the GB for the first available dates. I am in need of someone to be my assistant moderator. If you are willing to help out let me know. Thanks everyone for voting. I did make a slight change to the name. I hope you all agree with it.

USN/USMC Legacy Squadrons Group Build

I could not leave out our Marine brother-in  

Excellent decision :thumbsup:

Lothar

You have been put in for the vote. And got a yes from me.

I suggested July 1. Hopefully that works for the other two mods.

Of course its going to compete for my time with the 20 or 30 I want to do for the Canadian GB running the same time. For the USN, I am thinking I might do a 1/48 VF-31 F-4J and a 1/32 VF-74 F-4J.

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

You have been put in for the vote. And got a yes from me.

I suggested July 1. Hopefully that works for the other two mods.

Of course its going to compete for my time with the 20 or 30 I want to do for the Canadian GB running the same time. For the USN, I am thinking I might do a 1/48 VF-31 F-4J and a 1/32 VF-74 F-4J.

Phantom

Thanks, I don't care what dates they give us. The sooner the better but if we have to wait till September that's cool with me!

5 hours ago, Antoine said:

I'd like to join, if possible.

Maybe with a Phantom, I'm not too sure yet.

You are more than welcome to join us. Keep an eye on this thread, as soon as they give me the go ahead and dates I will post them here.

Neo thinks Sept is best. I think he might be right as most people build less in the summer. That and I plan on doing around thirty myself ( ok maybe 10) for the Canadian 150 GB in July.

So the GB is official come September

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Neo thinks Sept is best. I think he might be right as most people build less in the summer. That and I plan on doing around thirty myself ( ok maybe 10) for the Canadian 150 GB in July.

So the GB is official come September

Thanks Phantom for the great news. Were on for September, that will give me time to get some help. Anyone interested in helping mod this GB? 

I'll just post whichever squadron I am on when we hit the start date, and post squadrons until the end of the GB.

And then keep right on building as if the build is still going on.

We still have a few months till the GB and I want to say thank you guys for helping make this happen. Is there anyone wanting to help moderate the GB? I am going to try and keep this thread on the 1st page. Can you all guess what squadron I am going to be picking?

2 hours ago, tosouthern66 said:

We still have a few months till the GB and I want to say thank you guys for helping make this happen. Is there anyone wanting to help moderate the GB? I am going to try and keep this thread on the 1st page. Can you all guess what squadron I am going to be picking?

I can help co mod with you.

regards

Brendon