USN Legacy Squadrons Group Build  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Will you join this Group Build?

Rex

Thanks for catching my mistake. I was in a hurry to get the info out while I was on my lunch break last night. I hope you reconsider and join us in the GB. I know we are going to have fun with this one and some of us may learn a few things. 

oortiz10

I like the right up you did on the information about Navy squadrons. There are some people that do not understand military terms and those that do know or somewhat knows may use the wrong word like commissioned for squadrons to get there point across or to explain the reasoning. 

On 8/30/2017 at 0:00 AM, tosouthern66 said:

WW

ok here is the short answer for you. Can't give the long version right now, I'm at work. I'll give more details to you after I get off work at 5AM

squadron must be currently active

VFA-11 yes

VF-111 no

VFA-103 yes

VF-84 no

I

I do not recall this being mentioned as one of the criteria before now. 

6 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

I do not recall this being mentioned as one of the criteria before now. 

We discussed this a few pages in. Plus its hard to have a 61 year legacy with a disestablished unit. There are some that were established before ww2 that made it to the that mark before disestablishment. There may be some but I have not run across one yet but if there is one like that I'd be willing to let it in the GB. 

Patience, young grasshopper...

I'll be talking to my neighbor this weekend to figure out whether I'm doing the F-4B or F-4J, which will represent one of his rides in VMFA-251 or VMFA-232, respectively. I'm also getting my CL-415, for the Canada 150 GB, ready for the paint shop.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, tosouthern66 said:

Just a reminder:

we have our group build going on and we are now into the third month. Please join us in building models.

What is the name of this new month located between September and October?:woo: