USN Legacy Squadrons Group Build  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Will you join this Group Build?

I'm in for my first group build on ARC. Everyone seems to be building Phantoms or Hornets. I'm going farther back with the single digit squadrons and build a group of F4Bs and maybe an F11C-2 and BFC-2, all 1/72.

Jeff 

I am going to just put this out there. If there is anyone wanting to donate anything for prizes you are welcome to do so. I was not planning to ask for prizes but someone asked if we were going to do prizes.

2 hours ago, tosouthern66 said:

I am going to just put this out there. If there is anyone wanting to donate anything for prizes you are welcome to do so. I was not planning to ask for prizes but someone asked if we were going to do prizes.

I can probably thin the herd by donating something.

I plan to build a Super Hornet...but may also build something from the non-jet category. Not sure what yet.

SLICK

Edited by slick95
4 hours ago, tosouthern66 said:

The best method of prizes is asking companies to donate a prize or two. Adding their company logo to the banners that you might wish to make advertising your GB. Its leg work and some will say no. But you never know how many will say yes until you ask.

However, IF you give out prizes make sure your rules are simple, and MAKE SURE you actually hand them out. Some expense in postage could happen. I have given out prizes a few times in the past. Had big numbers of participants and completed builds. Other GBs I have not given out prizes. Not quite the same result number wise.

I did vote No in either this poll or the other one. But, that was when the poll was for specific squadrons, that I either already have done, or don't plan to do a Hornet for. (I am using the absolute minimum number of Hornets for my collection)

It might have been "no" on the other one, and "yes" on this one, I am not sure.

It doesn't matter who voted no or their reasons why. We received enough to have the GB so lets move forward. I am open to suggestions on how we want this GB to grow and be the best we can make it. What I am figuring here is if we get some good suggestions we can vote on the top ones as a group. The rules that I started of with are not set in stone and we can make changes to them. The only one I do not want to see changed is the what if's builds. I think that at some time in the future we need to have one big What If GB. So let me know publicly or privately your suggestions on what you would like to see done. I am here for you guys, so lets have some fun!

Here is what I have come up with as far as build set up. Tell me what you think.

Flight Line: Completed Build Photos ( Please No Comments in this section )

USN/USMC Legacy Squadron Group Build Rules

Ready Room: Build Plans

Supply Department: Needed Parts and such

Public Affairs: Reference Pictures/Q&A/Sponsors?

Hangar: Works In Progress ( Comments Allowed In This Section ) 

Edited by tosouthern66

So, I guess a P-3B of VP-92 Minutemen, NAS South Weymouth, MA circa 1986 would NOT count, even though the original VP-92 was established in 1941, redesignated VPB-92 in 1944, and disestablished in 1945 and latest VP-92’s earliest direct ancestor was VP-919, which was a Reserve squadron established at NAS Squantum in Quincy Massachusetts during July 1946?  In November of that same year, VP-919 was re-designated as VP-ML-69 in conformance with a new system being introduced at that time.  Yet another re-designation occurred during February 1950 when the squadron became VP-911.  Upon the closure of NAS Squantum in December 1953, VP-911 and the other squadrons of the Naval and Marine Air Reserve at Squantum moved to much more spacious quarters at the nearby and newly re-activated NAS South Weymouth.  Tom Hildreth has an excellent history page on NAS South Weymouth and it's Naval Reserve squadrons.

VP-92 was, officially established at NAS South Weymouth on 14 November 1970 from the assets of VP-63Z1, VP-63Z2, VP-63Z3, and VP-11Z4.

Just want to know if this build is eligible. R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch