Planes of Fame and CAF pictures

Hey there ARC,

I've always been interested in photography, and I'm trying to learn how to shoot better pictures. What better way to combine two of my passions than dabble in aircraft photography? I'm nowhere close to being as good as some of the pros that post here on ARC, but I'm pretty happy with the way some of these came out.

If you're interested, here are a few of FiFi's visit to the Commemorative Air Force in Camarillo, CA:  FiFi at CAF

Here are a bunch from the Planes of Fame airshow:  PoF Airshow

You can tell that some have been processed since I'm trying to learn how to use my editing software. I'm interested in hearing your comments and criticisms.  Thanks for looking and feel free to share your thoughts.

Cheers!

-O

Oortiz10,
I've been into photography for about 13 years now and I'm still cutting tails and noses off aircraft!  :woot.gif:  Aviation photography is addictive and expensive. There are a ton of great shooters out there but don't let that stop you from nurturing your passion. If you want to be better photographer, you have to understand exposure and how to properly use your gear within its limits. Talk to other photographers and ask questions. Don't be afraid to play with your setting. Shoot, chimp, switch setting, reshoot, chimp...Find out what setting work well for YOU. Post process editing is just as important as shooting. I would strongly urge you to learn your editing software. Google and YouTube are your smart friends, use them and learn from them. :thumbsup:

The weather at this years show made for some tricky lighting conditions. Especially on Saturday but Sundays weather was better until the F-turdy-five flew and the rain began. Here's what I think was the star of the Planes of Fame airshow this year.

Great%20light.jpg

More images of the show here.... https://anadventureinawesome.com/2017/05/16/2017-planes-of-fame-airshow-post-show-comments/

Never stop shooting and learning,
Steven L :wave:

O-

Some fine shooting there. Well composed, focussed, proper color balance. Keep us in the loop of your shooting.

I'm old and like the black and whites as well.

Yours have all the marks that would have made me an A+ shooter when I was shooting newspaper stuff in the late sixties. Keep shooting.

Cheers

Rick in Maine