1989 Batmobile build

It's not exactly sci-fi, but here's my take on AMT's recently reissued 1989 Batmobile. I stripped the chrome and repainted with Alclads. The base coat is a semi-gloss black. Robiwon's instructions on how to make the base were very helpful (in his Hobbytalk thread on his Moebius Batman v Superman Batmobile). 

I added lights to the Batmobile and some weathering. In the end, it was quite an enjoyable build. In one of the pics, I added a 1/25 scale Moebius Batman (from the Nolan version), though it seems like the scales don't exactly match (Batman is to big, or the car is too small). In the other I used the background that is in included in the recent reissue of the Batmissile.

Comments are welcome.

34001731083_4b79ea795d_c.jpg

34001733243_2205d29d22_c.jpg

34811360555_3f947d0b62_c.jpg

34771653026_097a3a9c43_c.jpg

34771657106_f71b919544_c.jpg

Thanks all. It was a fun build. When I was researching it, I was surprised to find that the 89 version was closer to a semi-gloss and the 2002 version was glossy. I decided to do the 89 version, since I'm still getting the hang of glossy coats on cars...

that's pretty cool. You don't see too many of these online and you've made a great example. Nice touch with the lighting too and best of all - in scale (not overly bright)

Have you considered the new one? I've warmed up to it of lat and am thinking of buying one

Very nice build! I got this kit about a year ago and it's sitting in my stash waiting for that "one-day" I'm going to build it. I would love to eventually build all possible versions of the batmobile. Think it would be a neat display. I hope I can do half as good on mine as you did.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...