- ref. KH32018 - Northrop F-5E Tiger II

image.jpg

- ref. KH32019 - Northrop F-5F Tiger II

FRRR.jpg

- ref. KH32023 - Northrop RF-5E "Tigereye"

38085751.jpg

V.P.

Edited by HomeBe

Lets just hope that its true! They've already pulled the rug out from under us once before with this. My fingers are crossed.... Fred K

Looks nice.  Parts breakdown is very similar to the AFV Club 1/48th kit it seems. 

That helmet (and arm) is tripping me out. :hmmm:  Lens distortion or 1/24?

:beer4:

Hmmm they give you both noses but only -6 LERXs for sharknose version. Looks like will need to cut the LERXs for the non shark nose versions then. No AIM-9J/Ps too which is pretty common for foreign Tigers. Can't make out if they gave a early or late canopy (vented) though. Mavericks in the CAD but not in the kit! Hope it comes in the F-5F release!

Breakdown is quite similar to the Has kit. I am worried about the fit on the fwd nose area though as it seems to be fully panelised from the gunbay onwards. Might be tricky if planning for a fully closed up nose.

Other than that looks good enough for me. If they had included the IFR probe and South American tail I would be a happy man!

I have this kit in hand and spotted an annoying error. The right hand console panels are arranged facing the back compared to published drawings and photos. 

41538375781_39b6f57069_b.jpg

Mark

4 hours ago, gb_madcat_sl said:

I have this kit in hand and spotted an annoying error. The right hand console panels are arranged facing the back compared to published drawings and photos. 

41538375781_39b6f57069_b.jpg

Mark

Yup...... just from looking at it I can tell that you are indeed correct Mark. I haven't gotten my kit yet, but there seems to be a number of mistakes resulting from poor research, on what otherwise looks to be a really nice kit. Hopefully they're all just minor tweaks, and not anything major. Fred K.

Upon further inspection, I found that they actually printed the right console decal in the correct orientation. Lol. 

Mark

haha noticed that too, shouldn't be too hard to correct, but still pretty major!

Hmmm that throttle seems to be set at half power too? Or am I wrong?

From the pics online, KH have made no attempt to correct problems pointed out in the -E and just duplicate the problems, including now 2 unusable pilots. Nor made any efforts on the accuracy of their marking options. The S'pore F-5F is totally wrong for the markings(color and size) and the paint scheme pattern, not to mention the fact that if my 20+ yr memory is correct, 855 was most likely already upgraded to F-5T when it flew in the 2 tone camo, which entails structural and cockpit mods. The RTAF option is also a similarly upgraded bird under their Super Tigris AUP although this bird kept the sharknose.