I kind of stumbled on this one, through a Facebook group (Grumpy Old Scale Modellers Group), and the guy posted a great looking F-16C, in the Blizzard aggressor camo.  He used a paint called Bombshell Brew.  The bottles look very similar to Vallejo paint bottles.  However, the Bombshell range has a pretty good selection of modern and WW2 colours.  What attracted me was the line of paints, specifically for aggressor/adversary aircraft.  Some of the various blues aren't available in acrylic paint lines and usually have to be mixed.  This new paint line would seem to eliminate that problem.

So, my question is....has anyone else heard of this company and if so, have you used their products?  I'd love to hear any feedback.

I've also asked if they ship to Canada......so hopefully, they can.  At $1.69 for a 20ml bottle, I might be placing an order with these guys.

http://www.bsbrew.net/

I have 32 of them paid for, and ready to ship when the postal holiday ends tomorrow. AR to TN won't take long for shipping.

I plan to test paint with them, test clean, test thin, test mask, etc, etc,,,,,,and do a little color matching exercise with them.

The  delay was all my own fault, they'd be arriving Tuesday, instead of leaving then,  if I had seen the PayPal invoice before 10 pm on Friday night.

Ordering was as simple as any other "PayPal vendor" that uses the email method,,,,just highlight the paint name, paste into the email, repeat, send email, pay invoice when you see it,,,,,,,wait for postman.

doesn't matter, he doesn't have a cost effective way to ship to the UK anyway

But it took less than 10 minutes to fill out a 32 item order, and paying was instant when I got the invoice

"Add to cart", "check the quantity", and "do you want to resume shopping?" isn't any faster (for each item), and then pay shipping from UK to US isn't any cheaper

Sure it is

Since he can't ship to the UK,,,,,,,,,it doesn't matter how long someone from the UK thinks it takes to fill out an order.

Complaining about the amount of time it takes to fill out an order that one can't even place is getting darned close to "just smearing" a brand new company for no reason.

As for the "search time",,,,,just click Products at the top of the page, click the dropdown,,,,,and there they are, grouped by Air Force and time period.

(as for your "no unit price", it is in the first post of this thread, and very clear on Bombshell's page)

Edit, Oops,,,,,,it is one click to get to the paint listings,,,,,,,when I hover over the "Product" tab, there is a dropdown, click that, and there is the paint,,,,,,,,the price is "hidden" in RED Text on the linked page

Edited by Rex
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:46 AM, phantomdriver said:

I gave up after 3 clicks..

no unit price, and a completely complicated  ordering system, why not a simple click/ basket system?

"Due to the very much appreciated interest in our products I have not yet implemented a fancy schmancy online order fulfillment solution yet, but I want to be able to provide our products to all of you who have expressed interest... keep in mind that I am building these products by hand, and for that matter... everything else ;-)"

I'll try them out. Any reviews?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried some yesterday and it did spray nicely and covered well.  I cant compare it to Vallejo cause I've never used it and I'm an enamel guy for the most part.  I beats the MM acrylic hands down though.

They do say to thin and clean with a combination of water and alcohol but I had some issues with using straight 91%.

I like the mission statement, the price, and the apparent ease and cost of use. I like the current selection, but it would be nice to have some WWII US, British, Russian, Japanese, French, Italian, etc. colors. Otherwise, I have to ask, I've lost count of how many lines of acrylic and enamel have come out in the past 3-5 years. Is it that easy or that profitable? 

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using this product on and off for about a year. Colors that I have, match the FS paint chip book that I have.

Sprays directly from the bottle or you can thin it if you care to. Tip drying is similar to any other acrylic, it happens.

One thing that is great is the customer service! It's a one man show, but Lewis always answers any questions. I did have one issue with a yellow being too thin, in my opinion. He sent a replacement bottle asap along with a bottle of white for the inconveniences.

• 1 year later...
Got an email from Lewis the other day.

Hello,

You are receiving this email because you are a valued patron of Bombshell Brew Modeling Artist Colors.  I want to thank you personally for your patronage and I am very grateful for having had this wonderful opportunity to explore this adventure with you. 

Unfortunately I am going to be unable to continue to provide these paints due to the fact that I no longer have the available bandwidth to continue this at this time.  I will be sharing this unfortunate information to all of my customers like yourself, and I am very lucky to be where I am right now, I have just not been able to keep up with this endeavor like I want to.  

On the sunny side... I am going to turn the Bombshell Brew site into a paint blog and show EVERYONE how they can make their own Acrylic Modeling Artist Colors that are super affordable... after all, this was always about modeling and if I can help anyone to learn to fish I am good with that.  I promise to make the process easy and no huge expenses involved and no complicated chemistry or really even math... so... be sure and keep checking back at the BSB website as I expect it will be a month to setup the introduction and then I will post formulations for all of the Bombshell Brew Colors as I am able to... probably about 3-4 months.  So I certainly hope that you will continue to check in with the site and once the paint blog is up and running with the introduction I hope that you can find some value in learning how to build your very own Acrylic Modeling Artist Colors!

Sincerely,

Lewis Akers
Bombshell Brew