Ammo of Mig 1980's+ US Navy paint set

Anyone have an opinion on the color matches to FS36320 and FS36375 in this set http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/amm7201.htm  I am slowly switching away from Model Master enamels to Acrylics and I'm thinking of going with these and know that after trying them I'm not a fan of MM Acrylics..I tried Vallejo but did not like their FS36320 Dk Ghost Gray. It seemed really dark and too blue to my eyes. Are the Mig colors the same b/c I see they are formulated in Spain(where Vallejo is from)..so the search is on....thanks for any input!

I think in particular the light ghost gray is a good match.  To my eye most manufacturers tend to be too dark.  I've become a huge fan of the Mr Paint brand but their ghost grays appear too dark to me.

Here is a shot of one of the F-15E Strike Eagles I did last Fall. I used the Ammo of Mig Acrylics on both of them. I do like they way that these paints spray. The trick to them is to spray very light coats, buiding up the color slowly. It's kind of hard to see in this image, but I sprayed the overall coat with the gunship grey and then added a couple of drops of light ghost grey to the base color and dis some highlighted areas.

20160415_101805_zpspuybke0f.jpg

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Fayfaychu said:

I dont quite like these AMMO paints to be honest. They are very liquid and tends to run when sprayed a wee bit too heavy. Thin coats mean free hand camo required several pass that can be sometimes beyond my skill level.

Same here, IMO most of their colors are sci-fi at best, some colors spray great but most runs watery and do not adhere even to primed plastic. I have switched to Mr. Color for most of my modern jet painting but still use the  grays (26375, 36320, 36118 & 36270)  from Testors Model Master line, they are still the most accurate one available.

On 5/24/2017 at 10:48 PM, Vaildog said:

I think in particular the light ghost gray is a good match.  To my eye most manufacturers tend to be too dark.  I've become a huge fan of the Mr Paint brand but their ghost grays appear too dark to me.

The ghost grays from the aqueous line are more accurate that the Mr Color line, too much of an blue hue in my opinion.

I have the set for Navy aircraft. Ammo is a bit more difficult to use than the other acrylic brands I've tried. 

Having used enamels for many years, I'm used to just layering on the paint until I get the coverage/consistency I want.

You absolutely cannot do this with ammo. You have to spray many very light layers over time. I hated using them as I kept getting an eggshell finish.

I finally watched some of his (Mig Jimenez) videos and noticed he has a different technique for painting.

Once I started painting as he did, I began getting very good results. It works really well with the black basing primer as you can build up light and dark areas. 

It takes some practice, but works. 

Oh, and his colors seem to match closest to images.