What's the best solution for fixing the Trumpeter 106 intakes?

A. separate the splitter plate from the outer intake and bend to the correct shape and fill accordingly? Anybody tried this?

B. Use a pair of Monogram 106 intakes? Is it fairly easy to fair in the M. intakes to the T fuselage?

c. Buy the XMM intakes? Do they correct the Trumpeter intake problem or replicate it?

Well the Monogram and Trump intakes are almost identical and people have happily built the Monogram one for tears and never noticed the issue.

In some aspects ie the splitter the Monogram kit is not as good as Trumpeters being out by some margin.

If you think Monograms are solid then stick with the Trumpeter kit intakes they are better than Monograms. not perfect but for "me" certainly not worth the cost and work to fix such a minor issue.

Especially as i have a 25 year old Monogram kit to look at and it looks fine all these years later. And for 30 plus years nobody picked it was wrong so i have no idea what all the fuss is over in 2017 when the Trump base kit intakes are better than those.

But if you are a stickler XMM.

-dehowie, you can hardly see what's the problem with the trumpeter's F-106 kit...(even when compared to the real thing) but they are still there! ...and the monogram kit intakes "shape" is way closer to the real thing than the trumpeter's kit does.

the details on the monogram intakes where less sharp than what can be found in modern tooling... but shapewise, they where more correct.  

i would recommend the OP to source the XMM intakes, as i do not have heard of anyone who have fitted monogram f-106 intakes to trumpeter's kit yet.

Thanks. When I look at the Trumpeter intakes from the front, they are distinctly different than the Monogram built-up 106 on my shelf. I found a post either here or Brit Modeler or somewhere where the poster dry-fit the Monogram intakes to the Trumpeter kit but he never followed up with a finished build. But the dry-fit looked good. I looked again at the XMM intakes on their website and it seemed they just duplicated the Trumpeter intake shape. Anyone seen any online photos of finished models with the XMM intakes?

2 hours ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

Thanks. When I look at the Trumpeter intakes from the front, they are distinctly different than the Monogram built-up 106 on my shelf. I found a post either here or Brit Modeler or somewhere where the poster dry-fit the Monogram intakes to the Trumpeter kit but he never followed up with a finished build. But the dry-fit looked good. I looked again at the XMM intakes on their website and it seemed they just duplicated the Trumpeter intake shape. Anyone seen any online photos of finished models with the XMM intakes?

MY build is about 90% done, and I can post some pictures as soon as I'm back home.....on the road right and won't be back until tomorrow.  The XMM intakes do a great job correcting a glaring mistake!

Brad