1/72 Hobby Boss Mi 8/17's, options for weapons pods/wings?

So the RoG kit is just the Zvezda kit reboxed... I'm not falling for THAT again.., again.

Even having built an armed Mi-8 out of the Zvezda boxing, I am still interested in revisiting the subject.

Looking around the internets, it seems neither of the Hobby Boss Mi8/17 kits come with weapons stub wings and weapons. 

Other than buying ANOTHER Zvezda kit and robbing the wings/weapons from there, are there other options to make an armed -8 or -17 out there?

DreamModel DM0301 did a set for rockets and Ciro has a few weapon sets to name a few. IIRC you could also get a newer Zvezda Hind kits as twofer, a hind and weapons stash.

I feel your pain, Mike!

I too bought the Hobby Boss kit because I think it is the better one detail-wise for my Nicaraguan bird.  I had to ask around for the pylons and struts from the KP kit and will use a combination of Dragon weapons and left-overs from my Zvezda Mi-24.  Since the Dragon sets are hard to come by, you may have to get the Zvezda Mi-24 (a VERY nice kit) for the extra weps, if you don't already have one, like Tank said.

Cheers,

WARDOG

Thanks Wardog and Tank, that's what I thought.

You saved me from throwing one into the cart in the latest greatest Squadron sale.  

I've got plenty of the old DML weapons sets and gave up on looking for/paying for the KP kit.

Guess I'll have to keep an eye out for the #$%@#% POS Zvezda kit at local shows and evil-bay if I really HAVE to do another one. 

Mike

There is also a Hobbyboss Mil 24 kit: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/101361-hobby-boss-87220-mil-mi-24v-hind-e that is not bad, not Zvezda quality but probably 2nd best 72 kit. The reason I bring it up is that if you found it for a good price it basically has far more things to hang off the pylons than you could ever use on the kit itself, a sort of Russian weapons set that would give you a decent Mil 24 plus lots of spare weapons/fuel tanks to use elsewhere....

P.S. At least the Revell kit is now the Zvezda kit (2nd to the Hobbyboss) and not the KP kit they used to rebox....

Edited by RCAFFAN