Zvezda 1/72 MiG-29SMT

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 9:49 PM, Berkut said:

https://vk.com/zvezdamodels?z=photo-29859496_456306413%2Fwall-29859496_1911616

Shame they didnt fix the external flare boxes though. And here is the artwork in a nice resolution;

Hello Berkut

Pardon me for my ignorance but what do you mean with these external flare boxes. Are they wrong, misplaced, too thin or what ?

I am sorry but I really do not understand the problem. ( I am talking about the "boxes" that are placed forward of both vertical tailplanes )

Do you mean they were also wrong on the 9-13 ?

Thanks for the infos.

Madcop

Russian Airforce bought a new batch of MiG-29SMT's a while back and the new batch had a number of small improvements over the old batch. The most visible improvement is a new flare box (also found on all modern MiG-29's, for example K/KUB etc) on the underside next to the engines;

207861.jpg

Just to make clear, MiG-29SMT's in splinter camo = "old batch" while MiG-29SMT's in the classic green camo are the new batch. As you see the real things are beefy and not these plastic card thin things;

luKW7axiSVo.jpg

So if one build SMT in the splinter camo one should leave them off altogether. If one wants to build SMT in the new camo, one need to scratchbuild new flareboxes + a few other minor details.

On 6/13/2017 at 6:21 AM, Berkut said:

Russian Airforce bought a new batch of MiG-29SMT's a while back and the new batch had a number of small improvements over the old batch. The most visible improvement is a new flare box (also found on all modern MiG-29's, for example K/KUB etc) on the underside next to the engines;

207861.jpg

Just to make clear, MiG-29SMT's in splinter camo = "old batch" while MiG-29SMT's in the classic green camo are the new batch. As you see the real things are beefy and not these plastic card thin things;

luKW7axiSVo.jpg

So if one build SMT in the splinter camo one should leave them off altogether. If one wants to build SMT in the new camo, one need to scratchbuild new flareboxes + a few other minor details.

What other minor details will I need to do for the classic camo SMTs?

Hello Berkut,

Many thanks for these infos. Have we more détails about these boxes.  Have we some more close up pictures of them. Do they eject the flares backwards or downwards ?

When you talk about some other minor détails, (Internal or external ), are you talking eg about the wingtips of the 9-13 type  ? , What else do we need to know about ?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge .

Madcop