Tamiya 1/48 OH-6A Quick Build

Well once again I had to go out of town for work for a period of almost a month. which means I have been away from home more than at home for this year so far. Life of an aviation career I guess. But I an determined to build something for this group build. I wanted to do a UH-1, but will not have enough time to build it like I want and meet the deadline for the group build. So I dug out this little Tamiya kit I had, and am going to give it a whirl. NO AMS on this one (I have to keep telling myself that)!! Tamiya kit with Fireball decals, and a LITTLE scratch building.

untitled_zpsj5z0lqqk.png

I know exactly what you mean... Aviation eats family. When I am on duty, I normally travel my a mini toolkit, and do my model until I have to glue the wings (most of my build are fixed wings), and I finish and do the paint when I arrive home.

I really like that Hugues, great little helicopter.

Cheers, and happy modelling,

Boz

• 3 weeks later...

Time to get busy if I am going to finish. The kit was an old kit and was missing the decals. So I am going to have to fabricate something that looks close to an instrument panel.. The floor seemed a little to narrow to me, so I widened up a little with some strip styrene.

DSC00520_zpsydqryexe.jpg

DSC00521_zps9bnqjnue.jpg

Edited by Bravosierra001
  • 2 weeks later...