New outer wing pylons for Zoukei Mura Phantoms

Hi guys,

I just wanted to spread the word about my latest product, outer wing pylons (Navy type) for the new Zoukei Mura Phantom kits. As the kit doesn't contain any, it's not so much a "correction" as just an addition.

My set comes with separate sway brace pins so you can actually hang adaptors like TER's or MER's at the correct outboard tilt angle and then adjust the sway braces asymmetrically to match.

Set%20side_zpsqbyscspv.jpg

Side%20asym_zpsalvkjm5r.jpg

Top1_zps7k7kc7nz.jpg

Rear%20asym_zpsbmcb8wuw.jpg

Available now at Hypersonic Models!

Cheers

Jeffrey

Edited by JeffreyK

These could be used for the Academy F-4B as well correct?  They carried TER's with MK-82's on the outer pylons in a lot of the 1972 photos I have seen (VF-161 in particular).

Cheers

Collin

I suppose they could, but some extra work will be involved. You need to find and drill the associated mounting holes (these pylons have mounting pins to go with the ZM wing holes). I also can't vouch for the fit with regard to the lower wing surface. Each manufacturer has its own wing curvature, Academy even managed to have different curvature between their "B" wing and the others...I reality of course they should be all the same, but in miniature this isn't the case.

Jeffrey

Jeffrey,

Thanks for so promptly dispatching my order -- looking forward to another of your excellent Phantom "accessories".

Will you be restocking the 1/48 early wing tanks?

Gene K

Hi Jeffery,

I just received my set and they look fantastic!  I also ordered you're F-4J canopy detail set.  After measuring the ZM canopy's against both Academy and Hasegawa I think they will fit just fine.  Can't wait to get started on my J model F-4

Many thanks!

Length/spacing wise, the ZM canopies are very similar to Hasegawa's (good, as it's pretty accurate, I think), but the material is thicker than Hasegawa's plastic, more like Academy. So I don't think either my Academy or Hasegawa sets will fit very well which is why I'm thinking about making a dedicated set at some point.

The wing tanks are a bear to cast (four large halves per set...) so I only cast them when there isn't much else going on, which is pretty much the opposite to now :) I do have a set in stock though.

Cheers!

Jeffrey

3 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

Many thanks!

Length/spacing wise, the ZM canopies are very similar to Hasegawa's (good, as it's pretty accurate, I think), but the material is thicker than Hasegawa's plastic, more like Academy. So I don't think either my Academy or Hasegawa sets will fit very well which is why I'm thinking about making a dedicated set at some point.

The wing tanks are a bear to cast (four large halves per set...) so I only cast them when there isn't much else going on, which is pretty much the opposite to now :) I do have a set in stock though.

Cheers!

Jeffrey

Hey Jeffery,

As soon as I get back in town I'll cut some resin off of the pour blocks and see how they fit....I'll let you know.  Unless I totally missed my measurements, I think they will work!

Photos to follow!

On 5/31/2017 at 1:26 PM, JeffreyK said:

Many thanks!

Cheers!

Jeffrey

Hi Jeffery,

I did some test fitting and you're right the thickness is the canopy plastic is the difference, it's close but off far enough that I'll use the set I have for a Hasegawa build.  Do you know how long it will be before you master the canopy set for the ZM kit?

Pretty much whenever the outboard tanks weren't carried and for Navy Phantoms that was on most carrier OPs (wing tanks only on land based or ferry flights). TER's and MER's were hung off these pylons.

J

You will also see these with no tanks, and with no Weps adapters, in some photos. Very rarely you will see "no outer pylons" on line birds, but there are photos of those around, too. The tank pylons without McDonnell tanks or weps adapters look like really smooth gradual arcs missing from the Hypersonic parts. (I don't know why empty ones didn't have that notch that is implied when we see the weps adapter on them)

Edited by Rex

Hi Rex,

the arc is there, the basic part of the pylon is the same one as in my McD tank sets so the lower edge of the pylon conforms to the arc of the tank. The adaptor is the new part that was added (plus some small detail changes), but as the aft section of the adaptor laps over the basic pylon (like a U-section or shoe) you can't see the smooth arc very well.

But it's all there.

J

Edited by JeffreyK

Ahh, thanks.

So there is sheet metal up the sides of the Weps adapter that covers some of the smooth contours of the Tank pylon when it is attached.

You wouldn't guess how many years I have been squinting at the photos, trying to figure out "where the smoothness came from."

(and just to be fair to you,,,,,,I wasn't talking about your stuff,,,,,,,I was talking about the 1/1 stuff,,,,,,,,,I am 100% satisfied with your 1/72 parts)

That "rear" u-shape deal is a bit like finding out just how many photos we all have of the Royal Jet wing tanks, without realizing it until after a convo, and then looking at photos for the 600th time. (mounted on McD tank pylons)