CD48125 - 1/48 Embraer EMB-312 Tucano

CD48125 will be a 1/48 scale sheet intended for the upcoming Hobby Boss EMB-312 Tucano kit. 

Yes, I have seen that they posted the wrong box art. It doesn't mean anything.I am pretty sure they will release the right version in July when the kit is out.

• 3 months later...

The kit is out in some parts of the world. Mine is on the way to me - I expect to receive it sometime next week, when I will share my observations of the kit and complete the final fit / dimensional checks before I post the draft image and the list of options.

I received my kit last week. One of the major mistakes is the missing profile of the HB top wing (as you can marginally see in the last picture where it lies below the modified wing). The main landing gear bay was cut from die original top wing and then glued to the bottom wing. The new top wing comes from an ICM P-51 which has a far more confident profile. The modification is less complicated than I thought.

The second bigger issue is the incorrect cross section of the air duct below the propeller . This can also be done without any AM set.

A little correction, just some sanding, is required on the fuselage top profile line in front of the cockpit.

Fit of the main components is excellent.

Surface details can be judged from the pictures above.

Eagerly waiting for the new Tucano-book by Harpia Publ. which should be released in Oct.

Andreas Beck

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This sheet will be shipping in the next two weeks or so - here are all the options on it. By all indications, the kit sold very well especially in Europe; and I hope many of you will be interested in high quality decals for it.

cd48125profiles.jpg