1/48 MK-52 Mines avail now

A full load would cost more but the maker has the option to increase the number produced under one order to reduce the overall cost to the customer.  I have worked with other makers that have been willing to create this option and the cost for multiples was quite reasonable.  Up to the maker if they want to accommodate the customer though as I have encountered some at Shapeways that were unwilling or just too lazy to upload the model with changes to make multiples in one order. 

If the owner of the model changes the model to allow multiples in one order it will increase the price since it would require more plastic, hence the reason why he chose to keep it as a single unit. Also, the owner of the model does not set the price and is not making any money from this.

And yes, I know who the owner of the model, he's a good friend and co-work.

Fully aware that the price will increase on a multiple print job but what is not factored in to that price increase is the Shapeways start up fee that is charged for each item ordered.  The fee is the same for one piece or 100 pieces so if you are only charged that "start up" fee once then the overall cost of the print run is reduced if there are multiple items being printed under that one order. 

I could care less if you know the guy or not, He does good work and I am impressed with his attention to details and the subjects he has created and offered for sale at Shapeways. 

If you don't like the way he did it then do it yourself, I explained why he didn't do it the way you want him to do it, don't like the explanation then that's on you.

And for the reason why I mentioned that I know him was for full disclosure to people reading this thread, not solely for you.

Moving on.

12 hours ago, jeffryfontaine said:

What ever.  You are still not the OP on this topic and it was to that person that I was attempting to communicate with.  So by all means step right in and get in the way. 

Um, this is a public forum and you did not quote the OP, guess you don't understand how a public forum works.

I rebutted your comments, you didn't like it, get over it.

Take it offline.

That said.

On m way home from working today I just happened upon:

10xaec2gv4rn3big5.jpg

10xaec2gv4rn3big3.jpg

10xaec2gv4rn3big1.jpg

10xaec2gv4rnbig23.jpg

Collin

Edited by Collin
figuring out how to load larger pics from iPhone to Photobucket: unsuccessful
7 hours ago, Finn said:

Just happened to come across a Mk-52, perhaps you should get a lottery ticket as well. Any chance of larger pics?

Jari

Larger pics, trying to figure that out...limits of my iPhone.  Next time I am down here (next month) I will bring my digital camera for better pics.

10xaec2gv4rn3big1.jpg

Edited by Collin

If you want to do a training version:

Mk52.jpg

w3.jpg

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

These are on a VP-23 P-3C sometime in the late 80s. We were doing the preflight on a cold and frosty winter morning at our home base in Brunswick, Maine. Getting ready to head for the mining range off of Charelston, South Carolina. These would later be recovered by USN divers, refurbished and used again.

Edited by DonSS3
5 minutes ago, DonSS3 said:

If you want to do a training version:

Mk52.jpg

w3.jpg

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

These are on a VP-23 P-3C sometime in the late 80s. We were doing the preflight on a cold and frosty winter morning at our home base in Brunswick, Maine. Getting ready to head for the mining range off of Charelston, South Carolina. These would later be recovered by USN divers, refurbished and used again.

Let's see how good my Mine recce is:

First photo looks like a MK-55 2000lb mine, and the other photos show MK60 CAPTOR mines (dual white bands with the cream/white colored strake) on 160999. 

Collin

I think you're right about the Mk.60s, but I thought the one in the first pic was a Mk.52. You could be right though. Other than the first shot, I just added the others for the visual perspective.

One way to tell the difference between the Mk 52 and Mk 55 when they have the nose fairing on is that the Mk 52 has round holes, the Mk 55 has oval holes. Also, the tail of the Mk 52 has a "step" on the back end, the Mk 55 has a tapered end.

They both had one thing in common, they both were a PITA to run the arming lanyards.

Edited by GW8345