CD48126 - 1/48 U-2R/S Dragon Lady

Thanks - I have been working on it for a while, and I hope you will like it when it is available late Fall. U-2R/S markings are simple enough, but there have been a lot of interesting temporary (chalk) nose art and tributes that have appeared on the fleet in the last few years. I will try to depict at least a few of them.

080714-F-0000C-002.JPG

U-2%20Dragon%20Lady%20rests%20on%20the%2

u2-pilot-remembered.jpg?w=1280

Edited by KursadA

Profiles will not be ready until August or so, but rest assured that there will be a variety of interesting options to choose from. I will do a NASA ER-2 if space allows, otherwise it will be a separate release.

This is great news! The old sheets from Cutting Edge and Xtradecals (?) are fetching "astonishing" prices nowadays despite being kinda old (the CE sheet was Desert Storm and before IIRC) so a new sheet is good news *thumbsup*

Please include the ER-2 (or how about a "NASA-only" sheet with e.g. NF-104 / T-38 / F-18 etc. on it, might that be an idea?). That one is quite elusive but a splendid looking scheme!

AFAIK Tan Models from Turkey have announced a new 1/48th U-2R/S. They also announced (as did Hypersonic Models from the UK) a new SR-71...

NB If you need a kit, do not want to wait for said Tan Models kit and wish to use the Italeri kit instead I would advise to look for the Academy boxing of same. This comes with a small photoetch sheet which might come in handy.

Awesome. My favorite US plane. I crawled around a couple at Beale a few years ('12-'13) back. Took a bunch of random pics if you are looking for something.

Cheers,

Dave

On 3.6.2017 at 4:16 PM, fulcrum1 said:

Hobby Boss has it listed in their 17-18 catalog.

Yeah, totally forgot about that one, right. Hopefully it will be comparable to the MiG-31 qualitywise.

• 1 month later...

Just had to post this before leaving for vacation - this sheet will be part of the August batch of releases. 10-12 options on this one - you will need to wait until August for profiles, but some of them are fairly well known.

cd48126.jpg

Edited by KursadA

Well that sheet looks great Kursad. I have the Italeri kit as well as a box of resin upgrades so I think I am good to go. I also have a decal sheet for a U-2R but I think I prefer yours.

Yet another sheet to add to my must-buy list darn it :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...