Hey Floyd, is there any chance you could throw KH a bone about maybe making a 1/35 scale OH-58A/C?

The old 1/32 scale Bell Jet Ranger models out there are atrocious and way outdated. A new tooled 58 would be light years better than the ones on the market now. PLEASE???

Tim

4 hours ago, hawkwrench said:

Hey Floyd, is there any chance you could throw KH a bone about maybe making a 1/35 scale OH-58A/C?

The old 1/32 scale Bell Jet Ranger models out there are atrocious and way outdated. A new tooled 58 would be light years better than the ones on the market now. PLEASE???

Tim

I'd be down with this as well.   I know the "OH-5.8's"  deployed in Vietnam didn't get a lot of love from their crews but they still are worth building.   Personally, my true love is the cold war -58C with that hideous flat plate windshield.  

I'd think that given all the countries that flew these, plus thousands of civil versions, this would be a kit that would sell nicely.  

As far as I can remember, all the 58's I saw from the 1/17th Cav had the flat plate windshield and the exhaust diffusers. I got to fly left seat one day in a C model with a MTP. He was going to let me get some stick time, (would have loved it!!!) but I didn't have my flight helmet with me at that time and the A/C didn't have a headset, so he had to remove the left cyclic stick cause we couldn't communicate.

That was my 1 and only flight in a 58!

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

My plan was to lead them to do a round canopy and a flat canopy.  Both types of exhausts and the three types of instrument panels for an A, A+ and C.  Regular and high skid gear.  Minigun, Stinger mod (personal need since my scout in DS had them mounted) and RAID equipment.  Then there are the civilian options, like Law Enforcement, Oil platforms, Executive and Medevac options.  But Noooo they weren't interested at this time.  So I'll keep at them and see what we can come up with.  Who knows how long it will take but it is an aircraft that played a big part in the cold war as well as the most successful civilian helicopter of the 1970-90 and should be done.

Floyd

I'd like a 58 but it's a ways down my list.   Get the Huey out in 35th, next up is an AH-1G (don't really care about the later versions but it should be cost-effective to churn them out once the G is complete), do an OH-6A and then add in the 58 to the mix.   I'm hopeful that once KH starts releasing large scale helos, they will sell and they'd be more inclined to release something like the 58. 

6 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

My plan was to lead them to do a round canopy and a flat canopy.  Both types of exhausts and the three types of instrument panels for an A, A+ and C.  Regular and high skid gear.  Minigun, Stinger mod (personal need since my scout in DS had them mounted) and RAID equipment.  Then there are the civilian options, like Law Enforcement, Oil platforms, Executive and Medevac options.  But Noooo they weren't interested at this time.  So I'll keep at them and see what we can come up with.  Who knows how long it will take but it is an aircraft that played a big part in the cold war as well as the most successful civilian helicopter of the 1970-90 and should be done.

Floyd

Nice! That would be sufficient to make an Aussie Army Kiowa in 1/35. This would definitely be a good seller.

On ‎6‎-‎6‎-‎2017 at 5:15 AM, K5054NZ said:

I'm 100% onboard. I'd be up for a JetRanger as my dad crewed one when I was born and, as a result, flew in the same machine a bunch as a kid.

Lucky you, Zac!!!

A 1:35 JetRanger would be nice, the 1:32 Revell 206 is old and has serious issues, although imho with some work it can still be built into a credible JetRanger. I got some 1:32 aftermarket high skid landing gear that really improves the looks of the kit. The front windows remain the biggest problem, with the wide frame in the middle.

The KH UH1 was eventually released in 1:48 instead of 1:35. Hope that won't happen with the OH58, because the 1:48 Esci/ Italeri 206/ OH58 would be hard to beat I guess. In my opinion still one of the best helicopter kits ever released.

:cheers:

Gertjan

Edited by GeejeeZ
59 minutes ago, GeejeeZ said:

I got some 1:32 aftermarket high skid landing gear that really improves the looks of the kit

Where did you find the high gear from?  I would like to get a set as well as the gear is one of the biggest issues of the kit.

8 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

Where did you find the high gear from?  I would like to get a set as well as the gear is one of the biggest issues of the kit.

http://www.heli-scale-quality.com/

...although I must admit that I cannot find the seperate landing gears and stuff now. Don't know if it's just my inability to navigate the site, or that they stopped selling seperate parts, I don't hope so.

I bought several landing gears from them, the high skid JetRanger gear in 1:32, but also very good high skid H500 gear in 1:48.

Lupus Primus from Heli-scale-quality regularly posts here on ARC, builds of RC- models.

Edit: just found the page where the seperate landing gears are listed.

http://www.heli-scale-quality.com/catalog/product/view/id/805/s/bell-206-jet-ranger/category/15/

and scroll down.

:cheers:

Gertjan

Edited by GeejeeZ