Revell 1/110 Atlas Booster with Mercury Capsule

I have this kit in my stash and have been searching the 'net for a build thread or review, and can only find a couple of in the box previews.  Surely over the years someone has built this kit ?

I have looked at the thread on the LVM launch tower (wish I could afford one) and it has some great pics but was hoping to find more...

Anything out there ?

revell-85-1833-everygovar.jpg

I built this about 40 years ago back when it was just an old kit. The one thing I remember is that it doesn't have a center sustainer engine bell, only the two booster engines. Other than that, it has all the warts of any of the other really old school Revell missile kits. I sure wouldn't try to talk anyone out of getting one. It was fun to build. I actually remember my father building one about 20 years before I did.

I tried more variations on my search string and finally found a couple of threads. Most mention the molds (dated 1959 !!!) are worn out and the later releases suffer from a lot of flash. Never found any real "build" threads though.  

This kit looks like an excellent opportunity for all kinds of weathering techniques. 

Edited by habu2