1/48 hasegawa F-16 ADF

Wolfpack had one, but believe it is OOP.  I used it and it wasn't bad (though nose was undersized).  I think the only other way now is to get an old Monogram ADF kit and use those parts.

I have four ADF tail bases: PWMP, Italian Kits, Revell and Kinetic. And actually the Revell one is most accurate in shape of the ADF bulge, but needs to be rescribed to match the Hasegawa kit. The bulge on Kinetic part is not bad, but the base itself is too wide (Kinetic made their F-16A tail bases as wide as F-16C base, what is wrong). PWMP and IK both have issues with the shape of the bulge (one is too thin, the other too bulky - I don't remember which is which...).

The Castle Air Museum just put a F-16A ADF on display. It is in beautiful condition, but they painted it in a bogus paint scheme, similar to the 144FW C model that had the reverse marking black tail. The story I got is that the major sponsor for acquiring the F-16A from the boneyard wanted it painted that way. Anyhow, it's there if you need to take some pix.

Edited by Marv
Spelling
20 hours ago, Niels said:

Strange that Hasegawa havent released the ADF version in their F-16 series? 

They did - in 1/72....  ;)

Seamless Suckers also released a resin ADF tail and IFF antenna many years ago. Good luck finding one though. 

No, mine's not for sale. :)

17 hours ago, habu2 said:

They did - in 1/72....  ;)

Seamless Suckers also released a resin ADF tail and IFF antenna many years ago. Good luck finding one though. 

No, mine's not for sale. :)

I used the Seamless Suckers ADF tail and bird slicers, along with his seamless intake, to make this.

C8pT1Ei.jpg

snowfun08023.jpg

This is my Hasegawa ADF conversion. I used the Revell tail base, cut it off the vertical stab, scribed the base to match the Hasegawa vertical stab, ditched the Hasegawa A base, then glued the Revell base to the Hasegawa stab, and that was it. Very cheap, and looks great. I finished the kit 2 years ago, but still haven't taken good shots of it. There is still an in-progress build on here somewhere if you'd like to look.

Jeff

Edited by jefropas

No one mentioned the Cutting Edge conversion set probably because it has been oop for so long. Thought I would share a couple pics fyi.

88A11ADE-AB7F-440C-89AA-F7215B55AA0D_zps

70362F81-80B1-424C-A299-76E5DC6C6896_zps

Edited by viper50

Not to hijack, but do any of these kits/conversions have the special Sparrow pylons? This is a critical part to giving the ADF the BVR missile capability that made it an advance over the vanilla A/B models they were based on (until AIM-120 came along). Darren, I see this in your build - is it in the Revell kit?

Edited by bdt13