Agree with Darren.

Although Wardog's miracle reworking of the old Revell kit is shaping up to be the best 1/48 scale portrayal of an Intruder...maybe ever!

Caution: click on the link below only if you are prepared to be inspired and amazed.

Edited by RichB63

best is a subjective word. only options are the hobby boss and revellogram kits. kinetic's kit isn't even an option if you ask me. revellogram kit if you can stand raised detail and aren't afraid to rescribe a whole kit. they can be found for stupid cheap now a days.  

While this is an A-6A build, it does have a small comparison betwixt the HB and Kinetic kits. Didn't build any of Kinetic's A-6's, but I did build my first, last, and only Kinetic kit, their F-16D Block 52+. Fit was a struggle. The HB F3F-3S, was quite nice to build; I greatly preferred it over Tamiya.

7 hours ago, Antoine said:

What are the drawbacks of Kinetic's kit?

The fit of the wings to the fuselage is troublesome to get located correctly and the multipart canopy windscreen/canopy is difficult to assemble. 

It's the Hobby Boss one hands down. The top one is the Kinetic kit and a LOT - and i mean a LOT - of patience, filler and corrections is needed, the lower one is the HB kit which, compared to

the Kinetic kit, is a pleasure to build and requires only a bit of rework. 

i-2C3wzN2-L.jpg

i-JHcxFHp-L.jpg

HTH

Lothar

10 minutes ago, polybebber said:

It's the Hobby Boss one hands down. The top one is the Kinetic kit and a LOT - and i mean a LOT - of patience, filler and corrections is needed, the lower one is the HB kit which, compared to

the Kinetic kit, is a pleasure to build and requires only a bit of rework. 

i-2C3wzN2-L.jpg

wow Lothar, GREAT livery! who makes those beautiful decals with the firefight dragon on the nose? cheers

The Kinetic nose always bothered me. It's like an EA-6A nose or something. Seemingly it's pointy and small for the rest of the nose and canopy. Plus it has those unknown panel lines in the middle of it, making it look like it's multiple parts rather thanone big radome like it should. That may make it stand out more. Lothars build is excellent, but you can see the lines I'm talking about on the Kinetic nose.

Edited by ziggyfoos
28 minutes ago, ziggyfoos said:

The Kinetic nose always bothered me. It's like an EA-6A nose or something. Seemingly it's pointy and small for the rest of the nose and canopy. Plus it has those unknown panel lines in the middle of it, making it look like it's multiple parts rather thanone big radome like it should. That may make it stand out more. Lothars build is excellent, but you can see the lines I'm talking about on the Kinetic nose.

That's correct, unfortunately I've noticed this only after the model was finished,. The HB nose is correct here.

BTW: The AOA decals for my A-6A were some of the best I've ever used.

Lothar

Just making sure I was clear, I wasn't knocking at all on your build! Only commenting on the Kinetic kit parts. Both builds look excellent. Just from looking at built kits noses it's obvious which are Kinetic kits. 

• 1 month later...
On 5.6.2017 at 11:39 PM, RichB63 said:

Agree with Darren.

Although Wardog's miracle reworking of the old Revell kit is shaping up to be the best 1/48 scale portrayal of an Intruder...maybe ever!

Caution: click on the link below only if you are prepared to be inspired and amazed.

Wardog's Intruder is one of, the if not the best work in 1/48 there has ever been and will be!  It's uch a pity that f...ing Photobucket has removed all the pics from the build threat!

thanks

Uwe