JG74 F-4F What RAL blue for this one?

Probably is but last night I compared your photos to the box art and decals on this kit and I'm going to have to try and mix the blue paint to match the decals.  As usual the Hasegawa decals aren't really close to what they should be.  I don't even think the white is white or even a cream as they sometime print.  The blue is more of a pale blue than RAL 5015 or 5012.  Instructions say 70% Mr. Color Sky Blue and 30% white but I don't think that will match the decals either.

IMG_20170608_212812004_zpsolisf7i9.jpg

I hate doing it but I'm going to have to paint the fuselage and install some decals in order to match up the paint.  Why cant Hasegawa get these things right?

Edited by Spectre711
  • 3 weeks later...

RAL 9001 Cream?  Is that some kind of off white and a light tan thats showing up on the internet search?  Hasegawa calls for just white so I would assume that is what they are basing their decals on.

Edited by Spectre711

Yes, it is an off-white. Actually, not a single one of the whites of my K7 RAL fan deck are matching the color of the paper which it is printed on.

I would add a slight amount of buff into white to get that color. It looks like these cream/beige colored computer printers after they've been sitting in the office for a few years.

Edited by Lancer512