Hi,

Since there's yet a helicopter in the GB, I'm building the Marineflieger Seaking Mk.41.. this will be OOB build.

Construction start with the cockpit and cabin area..

IMG_20170605_005212_HDR.jpg

Revell provide the usual paint instructions referring their own line of paint, which is rarely available here, so I have to convert it using what we have here based on conversion app I have, and walkaround from the internet.

IMG_20170607_014811.jpg

Cheers,

Mario 

Indonesia

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thank you for the kind words, guys... :wave:

So far...

I closed up the fuselage halves, preshade, and sprayed the main camouflage pattern...

IMG_20170619_220758.jpg

IMG_20170620_210219.jpg

IMG_20170624_151733.jpg

It's been a while since the last time I paint camouflage, and actually don't really like how it turned out on this sea king. And the colour (especially the green) seemed a bit off from reference I saw, too...

So based on those reason, I think I will clear coat the model and wash it with some black/grey wash and see if it could help to tone the color a bit and blend it more, before I paint the area of "special scheme" section (half-front of the aircraft).

Beside, from the reference, I see the camouflaged section of the aircraft is a little more weathered than the "special-scheme" section.

http://www.b-domke.de/AviationImages/SeaKing/6933.html

Cheers,

Mario

Indonesia

Edited by lifeline

Looks quite good to me! The scheme of the Marineflieger Seakings is usually quite weathered and the different "shades of grey" come out different on every individual bird. I like the contrast of the colors and the fact that you didn´t blend them too much into each other!

HAJO

Thanks Hajo...

1 hour ago, Hajo L. said:

Looks quite good to me! The scheme of the Marineflieger Seakings is usually quite weathered and the different "shades of grey" come out different on every individual bird.

Yes... and it's just lovely isn't it? :thumbsup2:

1 hour ago, Hajo L. said:

I like the contrast of the colors and the fact that you didn´t blend them too much into each other!

HAJO

The problem is I used blue-tac to mask the camouflage pattern, and the edges between the color is not uniformed. Some are hard-edges while some are too "feathered". I think I screwed up with the angle of the airbrush pen and the blue-tac diameter.

Cheers,

Mario

Indonesia

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

last few days I finish weathering the camouflaged area with tamiya enamel, and paint the blue side...

0r9fthl.jpg

Followed by decals with the help of a lot decal softener, and few touch ups here and there... Especially the eagle part.

A couple coats of future followed..

ANzexZi.jpg

RUpiW6u.jpg

Cheers,

Mario 

Indonesia

Thank you, Swbailey, Martin...

6 hours ago, tobiK said:

selamat bekerja, dude! Let's drink a bintang beer on your good job!

Terima kasih, Tobi! Cheers, :beer4:

Well, unfortunately I'm still on-site several miles off-shore until mid July. So, No alcohol allowed....

and it's also prevent me to 100% finish this build right now. 

So I will continue to wash the main fuselage, while assemble the Main and tail rotor parts, and packed it all as sub assemblies when I go home later.

All the tiny bits and rigging will have to wait until I got home.

Cheers,

Mario

Indonesia  

• 4 weeks later...

Hi...

I've been home several weeks now, but just able to continue work on the seaking last few nights...

I already installed the details antennas and rigging...

TiLJESL.jpg

fLQfibB.jpg

And sprayed flat coat...

The end is near....;-)

Cheers,

Mario

Indonesia

Sorry, this is propably too late, but I found some old pictures (and poorly taken...) from 2003 when I visited the SAR-meet in Kiel where this seaking was part of the show.

fviMQ6v.jpg

MykEVqd.jpg

HAJO

What ever, you made a nice helo! Really nice to see that Seaking in that special scheme! 

I m curious what Alex and Peter will say about your Marine Chopper!? ;-)